Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you experiencing recurring crashes? If so, we'd like to hear from you.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Karen_Dowling
1244 Views, 17 Replies

Are you experiencing recurring crashes? If so, we'd like to hear from you.

Are you experiencing recurring crashes while attempting certain commands in Civil 3D 2013?  If so, the Civil Customer Experience Team is interested to hear from you.

If you have a crash and would be interesting in assisting the Civil Customer Experience Team in researching the issue, please post a note here or contact karen.dowling@autodesk.com directly for more information.

Thank you,

Karen Dowling
Sr. Quality Analyst
Autodesk, Inc
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
bscott
in reply to: Karen_Dowling

I think I would make the "2013" in big, bold, red letters before the can of worms opens.

Bryan_S
Windows 10 Enterprise
2.40 GHz Dual Xeon Six-Core 64bit / 32gig ram
Nvidia Quadro M4000
3DConnexion CAD Mouse
Message 3 of 18
jmccabeLSIT

How about 2012.  It is basically unusable it crashes so frequently and for the most basic of commands

Message 4 of 18
wfberry
in reply to: jmccabeLSIT

One of the things that I was reminded up recently on this very NG.  Turn off all those fancy screens.  Use the ole "plain Jane" Windows Classic theme for best results.

I have basically no problems with 2012.  

Bill

Message 5 of 18
cadtech2

I just downloaded 2013 friday and it has crashed several time~ even when i'm trying to save it crashes.

Message 6 of 18
rtracy87

I've had problems with tthe auto-save causing crashes in C3D 2011.  Turned that off and haven't had to many problems since.  The program wasn't finishing the save, I believe.  Anyone else with the same case, other alternatives?

Message 7 of 18
wfberry
in reply to: rtracy87

Don't hijack someone''s thread.  Karen has a specific problem she is asking about.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 8 of 18

Hi CadTech2

I am sorry to hear about these crashes.  I am interested to research this and hope that you might be able to assist by answering a couple questions..

1.  Are you submitting the crash reports - if yes could you send me the email that you are using in the CEReport?

2.  Is this associated with one particular drawing?

3.  Are others in your office, who have C3D 13 also experiencing this?

You are welcome to contact me directly at karen.dowling@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Karen

Karen Dowling
Sr. Quality Analyst
Autodesk, Inc
Message 9 of 18
bstpeters

Civil 3D 2013

Crashes while saving after making changes to a structure style from the settings tab. Save as also crashes

Message 10 of 18

bstpeters

Thanks for note.  I am interested to find out more information about the issue you are experiencing.  Would you have a moment to assist?  If so, please contact me at karen.dowling@autodesk.com and we can discuss your details.

Karen Dowling
Sr. Quality Analyst
Autodesk, Inc
Message 11 of 18
jswany82

We just upgraded to 2013 Civil 3D from 2011 Civil 3D.  We sometimes work with large files (40mb to 60mb), and had been having problems with Autocad crashing.  We had good luck upgrading our computers, which solved almost all of our problems while we were using 2011. 

Since we've upgraded to 2013 Civil 3D, we're back to the same problem.  Autocad freezes, then crashes (seemingly at random).  Typically we don't even have a crash report.  It's only with larger files, but our computers should not be the problem.  It's very frustrating as we lose a lot of time that we don't have.  Even if Autosave recovers some of our work, we have to figure out what wasn't saved.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help solve this problem.  Thanks.

Justin

Message 12 of 18
j.stokes

Good morning Karen

I was having challenges with C3D13 crashing when closing the program.

My friend Seth in Manchester suggested applying this hotfix: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20100771

So far so good...

Hope this helps others.

Message 13 of 18
tsaxy2k8

Afternoon Karen,

Hopefully you're still doing this.  I"m having severe issues with Civil 3D 2013.  Issues like crashes during save at 93%, after I've replaced a structure or a style of a structure, or just flat out moved the structure in pipe networks.  Doesn't matter what I do it crashes.

Also Pressure networks issues causing save issues as well.  So it's not just a Pipe network issue.

If you can help please let me know.

Heidi B.

Yes I'm filing a CER every time it happens.

Message 14 of 18
Karen_Dowling
in reply to: jswany82

Hi Heidi,

I would be happy to take a look at what might be going on.  Would you mind if we corresponded by email rather than on this thread?

Please email me at karen.dowling@autodesk.com and we can begin.

Thanks,

Karen Dowling, Quality Analyst

Autodesk, Inc.

Karen Dowling
Sr. Quality Analyst
Autodesk, Inc
Message 15 of 18
neilyj666

Given the current Cloud "buzzwords" and direction that Autodesk seems to be going, its a great shame that when attempting to access 360 in Civil 3D I get a crash every time. I have raised a support ticket but no resolution and have submitted all the CER's.

I have got a swf video of what happens but can't upload to this forum

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 16 of 18
HansSMS

I have crashes using using Civil 3D 2013 with

1. The AUDIT command, the software just hangs up.

2. With Trimble Link, I just have to press the export surface button, and AutoCAD crashes. Other Trimble Link functions act the same way, it only takes a few more button pushes, dialogs etc to get to the crash.

3. I've had crashes dragging cogo point labels.Seems to occur with points that have no elevation, but the label style includes an elevation field.

4. Some drawings just seem to get crashy, running a RECOVER works if the report indicates errors found, if no errors reported the problem hasn't been solved so I start a new drawing and copy drawing elements bit by bit, save over the old drawing and the crashing stops.

Have to admit I stopped completing the crash reports years ago because of no feedback ever, eventually just believed they went into a bit bucket at Autodesk, so why bother.

Generally a lot of the progress indicators seem to have been removed, and I sometimes don't know whether the software has hung up or is just taking a while to work through a task.

Previously used to run AutoCAD 2012 on a HP Pavilion DV7 2014tx 8GB RAM 2x500GB HDDs, Win7, purchased August 2009.

I've now moved to a Clevo Metabox using an Intel i7 3720QM 2.6Ghz 8 core, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB, 256GB SSD and second 740GB hybrid drive.

Apart from a startling improvement in start-up time for AutoCAD Civil 3D from 2 minutes+ down to about 15 seconds, the crashes have reduced down to an (equally startling) less than 10% (!!) of what I experienced before, to the point where (apart from the Trimble Link BS) crashing is not really a major problem as was the case with for example the Civil 3D 2007 release.

Guess I'm saying bad hardware does have an effect, something I never really appreciated before. The previous Hewlett Packard hardware I had was just substandard, the machine cost me $3700 at the time, just took for granted it was a good machine.

We have 8 Dell computers with I5 processors, 8GB RAM running Civil 3D in my survey office with some crappy video cards, not ideal machines, but somehow I get far less reports of crashing than expected.

Just my two cents worth.... Don’t know if it helps.

Hans Moller

Lead Surveyor

Bechtel GLNG Plant, Gladstone Australia.

+61 7 48368310

hmoller@bechtel.com

Hans Moller
Surveying & Management Services
Gladstone Australia
Metabox 16GB, Intel i7-9700K 3.6Ghz, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD Nvidia GTX 1060
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
Message 17 of 18
gccdaemon
in reply to: jswany82

I am recieving crashes in 2013 as well as 2014. Refer to this thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Importing-eTransmit-Settings-Crash/td-p/4363219

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 18 of 18
Karen_Dowling
in reply to: gccdaemon

Hi,
Thanks for contacting Autodesk about this issue. I am happy to take a look at this with you. Can you please tell me if you have sent in Customer Error Reports for this crash? If so, could you let me know what email address you use in that correspondence?

Thanks,
Karen

Karen Dowling, Senior Quality Analyst
ICP Horizontal Services

Autodesk, Inc.
100 Commercial Street
Manchester, NH 03101

Direct 603 621 3184
Mobile 603 264 2925

[Description: Description: Description: Description: autodesk-logo-rgb-color-logo-black-text-small]

Karen Dowling
Sr. Quality Analyst
Autodesk, Inc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report