Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arch pipe within part builder?

58 REPLIES 58
Message 1 of 59
Anonymous
8408 Views, 58 Replies

Arch pipe within part builder?

Has anyone created Arch pipe within part builder? I have a huge list of additional pipe that I'm willing to trade for Arch pipe .

Looking for the below sizes.

22"
28"
36"
44"
51"
58"
65"
73"
88"
102"

If you would like a list of the pipe I have already added just e-mail me at.

bneu at alignex dot com

Thanks
Bill Neuhauser P.E.
58 REPLIES 58
Message 41 of 59
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

See the github link for a working version of an arch pipe.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 42 of 59
Anonymous
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

The link was broken clicking on it so I thought it was a dead end.  Copied all but the last part and it worked.  That part definitely works, grips and invert line up with actual points you would expect.  Thanks

Do you have the table of dimensions that you used to create the sizes?  Wondering if it had parts above 72" equivalent I could add to it.  

Also did you happen to make one for RCP?  MnDOT standard plates (attached) have all of the dimensions, but I don't know how to correspond those dimensions to the appropriate variables in your part.

BTW - Why do I get excited about C3D arch pipe?  I'm such a nerd...

Message 43 of 59
Anonymous

Hmmm...  After further testing, swap part does not work with this pipe.  Also create network from object doesnt seem to work, as it does not actually create a pipe (from polyline for example).  

Message 44 of 59
Anonymous

Hello,

that makes sense. when I tried using this network I was using the swap pipe command.

Thank you!

Message 45 of 59
Anonymous

I tried the Pipe Arch Template file and that worked better, allowed part swapping and creation from polyline.  Height was right on for 83x57, but width wasnt quite right (84.87 Actual).  Havent checked all the other sizes...  I know, I am getting into the weeds, and criticizing free stuff.  I am appreciative, just a stickler for accuracy.  

Message 46 of 59
Anonymous

Matt:

I appreciate the time you have put in on this.  I was wondering if you had a version of your Arch Pipe part for C3D 2016?  I tried to recreate it but I keep getting stuck with the pipe coming in in feet instead of inches and cant seem to get it to work.

Capture.JPG

Message 47 of 59
Matt.Anderson

I don't and haven't look at it in a while. It should work without
needing to update to the latest CAD version.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 48 of 59
Anonymous

If I understand the thread correctly, the your file is 2017.  I'm sure if I had the means to save the dwg file as 2016, it would work.  But as it stands, I haven't been able to use it.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong with regard to the pipe coming in 12x bigger than it should in plan view?  See linked files.

Arch Pipe Template.dwg

Arch Pipe Template.xml

Message 49 of 59
Anonymous

Matt - You can disregard my previous post.  I got it working.  Still not sure what I was doing wrong with mine, but yours works for me now.

Message 50 of 59
Matt.Anderson

It’s most likely an over constrained element which usually leads to the 12x size. PB is, well, a temperamental old hag.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 51 of 59
mboyce

Thank you everyone in this thread for all the work. I wish I had a better understanding of how the part builder worked, but in the end I have found the best solution is to find someone with skill for some assistance. I am dealing with arch pipes under driveways for stream stabilization but I also need Culvert End Sections of the PDFs attached.

I know I can use blocks to hack around specific models I need (GDOT) where I have drawn blocks from all their 1970 pdfs for headwalls and flared end sections but could use a more professional solution. Teaching yourself 3d modeling within timeline and budget constraints leads one to getting creative.

I have been cheating inlet flared end sections and headwalls into profiles for years with blocks since I couldn't figure out how get the pipe models to differentiate between an In and Out end sections and only placed them in one direction on the profile. Has this changed in the newer versions? Currently using 2018 but haven't messed with the the pipe and structure builder since 2015. I noticed they have added elliptical pipe since I last looked? Has anyone modeled a bottomless arch pipe? I have used them for underground storage in some design scenarios.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 52 of 59
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: mboyce

interesting challenge... 

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 53 of 59
Civil-Girl

Hi there. I'm trying to use your arch pipe. At first, I thought it was the solution to my problems. Now, when I go to put it into a profile, the pipes are showing up higher than they should. For example, an invert as set in the pipe properties is designed at 959.60, but it shows up in the profile view at 961.02. Can you help me correct this?

thanks

Message 54 of 59
tcorey
in reply to: Civil-Girl

I don't think you'll get an answer from davelglen, as that is a retired forum account. 

Since this thread began, more than a decade ago, Autodesk has changed direction with how they offer part modeling for pipe networks. Take a look at Infrastructure Parts Editor, which uses InfraWorks and Inventor to produce parametric parts for use in Civil 3D.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 55 of 59
Civil-Girl
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for your reply, that's an entire new rabbit hole for me to try and chase down, I guess. I have no experience with Infraworks. I was just hoping someone had fixed the problem with the invert elevations being wrong in the profile view. Hm. Surely someone has created an Arch Pipe that can be successfully used in a pipe network. Do people really create these all from scratch?

All complaining aside, would someone be able to direct me to a good learning link for Infrastructure Parts Editor?

Message 56 of 59
nick.seman

I know this is an old post - but thank you, I found it very useful and educational.

Nick

Message 57 of 59
Anonymous

Thanks you, thank you, thank you! Almost 12 years later, and this post is still beneficial.

Message 58 of 59
MSchille-1994

It's 2023 and we are still trying to figure out Concrete Arch pipe.  I downloaded the original .zip that was created and indeed, the rise of the pipes is not working correctly.  Has anyone made a fix to this, or know where we can get some arch pipe that actually looks correct, in plan, profile, and section views?

Thanks for any help.

Michael

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude
Message 59 of 59
MSchille-1994
in reply to: kcobabe

What do you mean by "Bounding Box"?
Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report