Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arc Labeling

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
thendryx
701 Views, 8 Replies

Arc Labeling

Just started a drawing in C3D 2013 using an existing template.  If I draw an arc using the "Angle"  rather than length or radius, entering the angle as 11.1601, then label the arc, the delta angle is converted to hms or 11.0936 .  The template and labeling style are ones we've used for several releases.  I've compared the feature settings, units and the curve labeling command and can not find where this is being changed.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TLH

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: thendryx

hms =  hours, minutes, seconds.

I assume you did not mean that.    So try the AECDWGSETUP command to change your template.

Bill

Message 3 of 9
thendryx

Bill, thanks for responding.  You are correct, I didn't mean hms, was caught up in the moment and put on paper how my HP-41 is labeled.  I checked to see how the AECDWGSETUP was set in my C3D 2012.  It was set to Degree/Minutes/Seconds, whereas the 2013 was set to Decimal Degrees.  I made the switch to D/M/S and restarted the AutoCad, however the program is still taking the delta angle and treating it as a decimal degree and converting it to D/M/S. I then created a new template utilizing D/M/S and started a new drawing using the new template, but I am still getting the same results.

Message 4 of 9
wfberry

IF you would attach a small file if would certainly clear up a few things.  If you want C3D to label in Decimal degrees, just change your label style using the label composer.

Not sure what you are referring to.

Bill

Message 5 of 9
thendryx

Bill, hopefully this simple drawing will clear up the problem I'm encountering.

Thanks,

TLH

Message 6 of 9
wfberry

T:

Here is the file sent back.  I am showing your angle was entered as 11 Degrees 9 Minutes 36 Seconds.  The same as your label.

Perhaps I am looking at the wrong thing.

Bill

Message 7 of 9
thendryx

Thanks Bill, I believe that the problem lies with the arc values I was given.  If one uses the radius value I was given of 597.96', then the desired 11-16-01 delta angle is achieved.

Message 8 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: wfberry

Revision:

Go to your Drawing Settings, Ambient Settings.

Under Angle, Change ANGLE Format to DD.MMSS (Decimal DMS)

Bill

Message 9 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: wfberry

Pervious method, NIL

OK, you are drawing a curve with anAutocad command.  If you use the following syntax it will work

11D16'11"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report