Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying levels from a surface model to an alignment profile

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1168 Views, 6 Replies

Applying levels from a surface model to an alignment profile

Hi guys

Do any of you guys know how i can apply the levels of an existing road (taken from a topographical survey) and applying them along an alignment string.

Regards

Dan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Dan,

"...and applying them along an alignment string."

I totally do not understand what you're trying to do here. More information, please.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Do you want to do a 3d surface?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

I have a existing carriageway that I would like to tie a proposed carriageway into, the existing carriageway has been surveyed and I have modeled it into a surface.

Along the channel the exisitng carriageway that the new carriageway is to join onto I have created an alignment that will be the width and level target for the proposed corridor.

Previoulsy when producing the profile of the existing carriageway channel alignment I would try to match the existing by drawing the profile by hand, obviously it is time consuming and quite difficult to get an exact match, is there a way of telling Civils 3D to match the profile of the proposed edge of carriageway channel with the existing edge of carriageway channel.

Hope that makes sense

Regards

Dan 

Message 5 of 7
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

There is a method to import a profile from a file, I believe it's on the Ribbon.  If they're just points, you can import them to your drawing, then project them to the profile. And, if you have a surface, you can just sample that surface and add it to your profile view.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 7
AllenJessup

If you have already built the Surface. Create an Alignment using the appropriate Alignment Creation Tools.

al1.png

Then createa a Profile along that alignment using your existing Surface.

al2.png

Draw that Profile in a Profile View. In this case Draw means a process in the Profile creation. Not manually drawing the profile.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Cheers Allen,

That is exactly what I wanted, i didnt realise that you can use the Profile as a profile without drawing a new alignment on it. Now i can use it to tie my proposed road into the existing road.

Regards

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report