Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application has stopped

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
trteng69
3123 Views, 7 Replies

application has stopped

I am operating 3D Civil with Windows 7, 64-bit system.

Most of the time when I close a drawing, particularly when I have two or more drawings open, the program closes down with the following message "Autocad Application has stopped working - Windows is collecting more information about the problem"

I then have to restart 3D Civil

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: trteng69

I'm running  C3D 2011 Win7 Pro 64Bit 8 Gb Ram and I am constantly getting Not Responding messages and/or system crashes inevitably losing a deal of recent work.

This occurs whether the dwg files are on my local C drive or accessed via a mapped network drive and happens at least twice a day. It is very frustrating and raises questions as to whether C3D 2011 is a mature and reliable production tool - the jury is out on this one for me so far but it is marginal.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

Same here: I'm running  C3D 2010 Win7 Pro 64Bit 8 Gb Ram and the application is constantly crashing with the following error screen: "AutoCAD Application

"AutoCAD Application has stopped working

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

So far there has been no notification on reasons for the crash.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same problem here. I have been getting 4-5 a day since i switched to Windows 7 and it usually happens when i am saving (save, qsave, saveas, doesn't matter) but it doesn't do it on every save. The save progress bar at the bottom of the autocad screen gets to about 93%, then the error pops up "AutoCAD Application has Stopped Working...Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found". So is Windows 7 overly sensitive to programs "thinking hard" or "locking up"? Or is this an AutoCAD issue? I have seen posts online of similar problems with Windows 7 and other apps (MS Word, etc.). It seems like if windows would just wait longer than 30 seconds when a program is "not responding"  the program will usually start responding again. I haven't been able to narrow it down to autocad or windows 7. I really think it's a combo of the two. But if anyone has some new info on this issue please share as it is DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Message 5 of 8
Sinc

Not sure...

I'm running C3D 2010 on Win 7 x64, and I don't have that problem.  I've seen C3D do that, but it's only occasionally - I'm not sure how often, but it's more like once a week.  Definitely not 3-4 times a day.

One thing that I've seen is that sometimes, when C3D goes to la-la-land, if I hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE to call up Task Manager, then close Task Manager (without doing anything else), C3D comes back to life immediately.

Sinc
Message 6 of 8
Karen_Dowling
in reply to: Sinc

Hi,

This issue is presenting a unique challenge, because most (all) of these crashes do not send crash reports for us to analyze.  As a result we are hoping that users who are experiencing these crashes could provide us with details that will allow us to reproduce the issue.

Please contact me directly if you might be able to assist.  We'll likely be looking for pre-crash command details and data sets.

Thanks,

Karen Dowling, QA Analyst, AEC-IM

karen.dowling@autodesk.com

Karen Dowling
Sr. Quality Analyst
Autodesk, Inc
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

I have noticed the same exact thing happen on my windows 7 x64.

The civil 3D will constantly be slow and not respond. Especially when saving, loading drawings, or even thawing all layers or using the "uniso" command. As soon as I type
ctrl + alt + del" and bring up the task manager the program responds.

Message 8 of 8
mgalicki

I am running Plant 3D 2012 & I get " AutoCAD Application has stopped working"

Yet it hasn't finished loading ? see screen sht.

My Vanlla acad & steel work but not the Plant 3D with P&ID.

Any insight?

Thanks Mark

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report