AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
MonkeyTrainer
Message 1 of 3 (165 Views)
Accepted Solution

APPEND TO COGO POINT DESCRIPTION

165 Views, 2 Replies
01-04-2013 08:57 AM

I have a couple hundred cogo points with all different descriptions. is there a way to add "use these" to the beginning of all the nodes at once?

Yes. Select the points, or have a Point Group with them in it, Edit the points, select all in the Panorama, right-click the header for Description Format, select Edit, place this in the edit box:

use these - $*

hit enter. All of the Full descriptions will then have the "use these -" plus the raw description. Now, if you already use the Full description modifiers, then you might need to go about it a bit differently. i.e. programatically.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: APPEND TO COGO POINT DESCRIPTION

01-04-2013 11:39 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

Yes. Select the points, or have a Point Group with them in it, Edit the points, select all in the Panorama, right-click the header for Description Format, select Edit, place this in the edit box:

use these - $*

hit enter. All of the Full descriptions will then have the "use these -" plus the raw description. Now, if you already use the Full description modifiers, then you might need to go about it a bit differently. i.e. programatically.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Distinguished Contributor
MonkeyTrainer
Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: APPEND TO COGO POINT DESCRIPTION

01-04-2013 12:00 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

that worked great, thanks Jeff.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.