AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
MonkeyTrainer
Message 1 of 3 (169 Views)
Accepted Solution

APPEND TO COGO POINT DESCRIPTION

169 Views, 2 Replies
01-04-2013 08:57 AM

I have a couple hundred cogo points with all different descriptions. is there a way to add "use these" to the beginning of all the nodes at once?

Yes. Select the points, or have a Point Group with them in it, Edit the points, select all in the Panorama, right-click the header for Description Format, select Edit, place this in the edit box:

use these - $*

hit enter. All of the Full descriptions will then have the "use these -" plus the raw description. Now, if you already use the Full description modifiers, then you might need to go about it a bit differently. i.e. programatically.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: APPEND TO COGO POINT DESCRIPTION

01-04-2013 11:39 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

Yes. Select the points, or have a Point Group with them in it, Edit the points, select all in the Panorama, right-click the header for Description Format, select Edit, place this in the edit box:

use these - $*

hit enter. All of the Full descriptions will then have the "use these -" plus the raw description. Now, if you already use the Full description modifiers, then you might need to go about it a bit differently. i.e. programatically.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Distinguished Contributor
MonkeyTrainer
Message 3 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: APPEND TO COGO POINT DESCRIPTION

01-04-2013 12:00 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

that worked great, thanks Jeff.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!