Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use Plan Production tools to generate cross section sheets?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mstone
331 Views, 3 Replies

Anyone use Plan Production tools to generate cross section sheets?

I am familiar with the mapbook method of creating sheets for cross sections, but I have never been real happy with the process and results.

Has anyone ever placed cross sections, then drawn an alignment down the middle of all the sheets (set to no display) and generated layouts based on that alignment? I don't have C3D at home right now to test this out, so I was just curious if anyone else has tried it? I am sure it would take some fussing around with spacing of the sheets, plan templates, etc, but it seems like once set-up it would be a very quick way to create all your layouts for cross sections.

--Matt
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LionelFabre_EGIS
in reply to: mstone

Hi Matt,

Yes, I did that and it works fine.
I created a documentation for C3D 2009 but it's in French.
I don't have time for translating it but you can take a glance and, maybe it can be useful just for seeing the diffrent steps.

I hope it helps you
Lionel
Message 3 of 4
curt.moreno

Matthew:

Here is a great (and short!) video that Jerry Bartels has posted to his YouTube account on the topic of automatically generating cross section sheets.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JerryBartels#p/u/3/4ed-koQYrBE

Be sure to check out b/c the process is very straight forward and a great deal simpler than I suspected. Hope that helps you out.

- Curt -
Message 4 of 4
mstone

Lionel,

I appreciate it. Although I don't understand a word of French, I was actually able to follow the steps fairly easily due to the screenshots. I like that much better than the mapbooks method.

Regards,
Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report