Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Carlson? Have a question

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ghunt1981
261 Views, 6 Replies

Anyone familiar with Carlson? Have a question

I can't find any Carlson forums that don't look completely dead so I thought I'd try my luck here. We are running Carlson 2014 at my company. I'm having issues with stationing 3d polylines with Carlson if you're trying to start at any station except zero. It's not making any sense to me and nobody here seems to know either. If you have a 3d polyline broken in the middle by something (like, in our example, a launcher/receiver site on a gas pipeline), and you want to stop the stationing on one side and resume at the same station on the other side, Carlson no longer seems to want to let you do that. When you go to the "Station Polyline/Centerline" command, you can enter your starting station number, and if "3D Polyline (Slope Sta)" is selected, it just starts at zero anyway regardless of what you put as the beginning station. But, if you select 2D stationing, it starts at the right number, but your stations will be wrong because it's stationing it by the horizontal length and not the slope length. Ugh. Does anyone know if there's a solution or workaround to this issue?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: ghunt1981

That's probably going to be @rkmcswain 

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
rkmcswain

If you're a customer, give them a call. 1-800-989-5028

AFAIK, they still provide free phone support to all customers.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 7
ghunt1981
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the number...I will call them tomorrow.
Message 5 of 7
ghunt1981
in reply to: rkmcswain

Well, that wasn't a whole lot of help. Called tech support, described the problem. Guy said it was working for him, but he was on a newer build. Told me an hour ago that he would send me a patch and I still haven't gotten it. I also found out that it doesn't work for anyone in my office either, so I'm assuming it's a 2014 issue and not just my software.
Message 6 of 7
laddnelson

@ghunt1981 wrote:
Well, that wasn't a whole lot of help. Called tech support, described the problem. Guy said it was working for him, but he was on a newer build. Told me an hour ago that he would send me a patch and I still haven't gotten it.

I wasn't able to replicate the errant behavior either and tested with the following settings:

Carlson Station Polyline/Centerline

The current build (and related patches) of Carlson 2014 can be found at:

http://www.carlsonsw.com/support/software-downloads/?product=Carlson&version=2014

--

Ladd Nelson

Carlson Software

Message 7 of 7
ghunt1981
in reply to: laddnelson

I did finally get the patch at 11:30 this morning. I installed it and it does fix the problem. Appreciate the help, I was just a little impatient this morning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report