Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to delete the labels of a particular alignment ?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tonnot
2023 Views, 10 Replies

Any way to delete the labels of a particular alignment ?

Or maybe I have to delete it individually ? 

Is not an option to "delete aligment labels"

Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: tonnot

Normally selecting one object and deleting it will remove all similar objects. Selecting this same object with the "ctrl" key depressed will only remove the one object.

Bill
Message 3 of 11
tonnot

But... If I want to delete all the labels of a 14 km lenght highway? 

Autodesk boys, please..... 

Thanks anyway

Message 4 of 11
neilyj666

Can you achieve this with Label Sets i.e. have a _No Display one?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 11
tonnot
in reply to: neilyj666

It could be a solution.

But ... I think we need a "global" project navigator...... (or somehing like this....)

Message 6 of 11
Jay_B

"But... If I want to delete all the labels of a 14 km lenght highway? 

Autodesk boys, please..... 

Thanks anyway"

Delete means to erase or remove from drawing , are you looking to delete the labels or just turn off the display?

Not sure I'm following your workflow but as has been mentioned "SELECT SIMILAR" should work for deleting ALL Alignment labels (may have to repeat several times or multiple object selection if entity types differ),

No_Display styles work well for turning them off.

Proper Layer management for alignment labels also helps to quickly turn them off.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 11
Neilw_05

How were these labels created? Are they applied from a label set, such as for station labels? In that case the station labels behave as one object. As Bill Berry mentioned, if you select any one of the station labels and hit delete, they will all be erased.

Now if you placed individual labels using the Annotation tool then they do not behave as a single object and you will have to use one of the selection set and filtering methods provided in Autocad such as QSELECT, FASTSELECT, FILTER and such.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 11
tonnot
in reply to: Neilw_05

No, no ,. no........ 

The "natural" way of work (i think) is to view labels for radii,  clothoid values an stations for these, while you are working in your desing. 

The only way to do this is using "labeling", because the -label set- or the style- does not offer me a way to label radiis and spirals, isn't ? 

So, in case I dont like the initial design or simply a want to change the labeling style I need to delete it previously, isn't it ? 

So, finally, it should have a way to quicky  delete, activate-deactivate or change this label style.....

Thanks. 

Message 9 of 11
troma

You could try this:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Delete-all-labels-on-a-Feature-Line/m-p/3767186#M1947...

I have no idea if it will work or not, but sounds like it might.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 10 of 11
Neilw_05
in reply to: troma

Jeff's tool does do the job. Run the tool, pick the alignment and all length, bearing and curve labels go away. Oddly it does not remove station and geometry point labels. That might be a good thing.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 11 of 11
tonnot
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks, I'm going to try .!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report