Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any subassemblies allow different top & subbase grades?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Topher5000
498 Views, 5 Replies

Any subassemblies allow different top & subbase grades?

In Ontario Canada, the provincial standard is 2% top crossfall & 3% subbase crossfall.  Has AutoDesk ever released subassemblies that allow different grades?  Is there a country pack that has them?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: Topher5000

The LaneOutsideSuperMultiLayer and LaneInsideSuperMultiLayer subassemblies allow for different slopes, although the subbase slope is controlled by the inside & outside depths, not the slope itself.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
sboon

I usually use ShoulderExtendAll for this.  It allows you to specify a different slope for the subgrade

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 6
Topher5000
in reply to: sboon

Steve, do you use the shoulder subassembly for the lanes themselves?  I can see how that would work.

Message 5 of 6
sboon

Yes that's what I do.  It's a bit of a hassle because the sub has a link with a Top code on the outside edge. You have to use some generic links in the assembly to get the surface working properly.  Here's some pics from a project several years ago.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 6
Topher5000
in reply to: sboon

Came across a problem with this as I was trying to attach a profile to the outer edge of a rural shoulder.  You can't.  I don't know why AutoDESK has to make simple things so hard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report