AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
TheJabberwocky
Message 1 of 3 (134 Views)

Any reason why it wont let me save...

134 Views, 2 Replies
01-28-2014 03:52 PM

... after I used the shift-mouse wheel option to turn the job on the 3d plane?

I had a job where I was adjusting a heap of 2d linework to match into the 3d points I had been supplied. Saved fine. Then I rotated the job a little to make sure I didn't still have any lines on Z=0. Selected the view ribbon and clicked 'top' to get my view back to normal, adjusted the incorrect level, then tried to save.

Error pops up. Saying some crap about not being able to save due to some entities in the drawing.

Just want to find out if there is any reason behind this?

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: Any reason why it wont let me save...

01-28-2014 04:27 PM in reply to: TheJabberwocky
"Error pops up. Saying some crap about not being able to save due to some entities in the drawing."

What did the error message say?

Did you try an Audit and Purge on the file?
Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Contributor
TheJabberwocky
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: Any reason why it wont let me save...

02-04-2014 09:39 PM in reply to: Jay_B

okay, the error message says

"one or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created"

the thing is, just before doing the spin I can save it, then after the spin all I am trying to do is quicksave and it wont let me. I haven't added or removed anything from the drawing, it is no different from if I saved it before the spin, its just something odd that happens afterwards.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.