Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reason why it wont let me save...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TheJabberwocky
344 Views, 2 Replies

Any reason why it wont let me save...

... after I used the shift-mouse wheel option to turn the job on the 3d plane?

I had a job where I was adjusting a heap of 2d linework to match into the 3d points I had been supplied. Saved fine. Then I rotated the job a little to make sure I didn't still have any lines on Z=0. Selected the view ribbon and clicked 'top' to get my view back to normal, adjusted the incorrect level, then tried to save.

Error pops up. Saying some crap about not being able to save due to some entities in the drawing.

Just want to find out if there is any reason behind this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: TheJabberwocky

"Error pops up. Saying some crap about not being able to save due to some entities in the drawing."

What did the error message say?

Did you try an Audit and Purge on the file?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
TheJabberwocky
in reply to: Jay_B

okay, the error message says

"one or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created"

the thing is, just before doing the spin I can save it, then after the spin all I am trying to do is quicksave and it wont let me. I haven't added or removed anything from the drawing, it is no different from if I saved it before the spin, its just something odd that happens afterwards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report