Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Advanced Civil 3D Experts? Specific band problem is driving me mad!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JorgeAguilar
1065 Views, 5 Replies

Any Advanced Civil 3D Experts? Specific band problem is driving me mad!

We are losing our minds trying to figure out how to fix this issue. We are designing a pipe network several kilometers long and one feature we need to show in the profile view is cover depth ('ground level' minus 'level of top of the pipe'). Everything was working fine and the band (Cover depth) was showing the correct values but a few days ago we opened the drawing again and the values are all '0.00'. We have tried everything we can think of, including expressions, to no avail. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Any Autodesk people with a few minutes to spare and share their expertise so that I can regain my sanity?

I am attaching a snapshot to show the band style  / label style / Text component / Properties we are using. There is only one surface (existing ground) and one database (pipe network) that we have created so it is not a matter of choosing a wrong profile or data source.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Cover depth band.jpgso

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I'm not going to presume to be an advanced expert.

You might want to post which version you are using.

Also for something like this, posting the dwging would be greater help, as it allows people to check through the drawing to locate the problem far easier than try to look at screen shots.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your help Andrew,

I am using Civil 3d 2011 (British Metric). I am also attaching a significantly trimmed version of the drawing with the issue I mentioned - I had to erase a lot of features and points to comply with the max size for upload so some parts of teh surface are missing in the profile. Again, thanks for your time and help.

Message 4 of 6
marcross
in reply to: JorgeAguilar

under Prospector>Pipe Networks>Networks>RISING MAN 300-END, select the 'pipes', and under the preview window on the bottom of the toolspace window, select all the pipes in the preview window and scorll to the right until you find 'Reference Surface (you might need to expand the cell to see it)", right click on top of the header 'Reference Surface", Edit..., pick the FINAL SURFACE and you should see the cover depth value.

Message 5 of 6
marcross
in reply to: JorgeAguilar

untitled.JPG

Message 6 of 6
JorgeAguilar
in reply to: marcross

Great Stuff! Thanks a lot. I owe you one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report