Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another fun glitch with CIvil 3d 2013

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
01rs25subaru
740 Views, 12 Replies

Another fun glitch with CIvil 3d 2013

Has anyone ran into this?

I have several jobs now that the LOCKED viewports keep resetting to 0,0 in my layout tabs. The viewports will keep it's scale but just pan back to 0,0. 

I have read somewhere that viewports can be corrupted very easily...

Is there anyway to keep this from happening? or a way to fix the problem once it happens? I currently just reset up the viewport...

i lose time and money every time this happens... I just would like to figure this out before this completely gets out of hand...

Thanks,

Elijah Ransom 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

I have had this issue myself, but could not find a definite cause.

I think that an audit and purge stopped this happening on the particular drawing that had this issue.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 13
SethHall
in reply to: 01rs25subaru

Does this only happen in one drawing? Does it only happen on one layout tab? I personally have never run across this, but if only one drawing and one layout tab, try deleting the tab and recreating it.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 4 of 13
Cadguru42

I've had this issue happen a couple of times. I posted about it in the regular Autocad group. It apparently happens a lot, but Autodesk seems to be ignoring it. I haven't been able to pinpoint when it happens or what causes it. The last drawing I saw this happen in was an older drawing that hadn't been opened in over a year. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 13
01rs25subaru
in reply to: SethHall

I have this issue now in several drawings that I open nearly every day... actually one of the files reset about 25 viewports 3 times now in the last 3 months... 

The drawing does contain xrefs; could a setting inside one of the drawings cause this issue? I did purge and audit the drawing file, but the problem was still there... 

This is happening to several AutoCAD users in my office... My UCS FOLLOW is set to 0... the weird this is... Not every viewport resets in the drawing... I mean the layout that the file opens with is never affected by this, I could move to another layout, save and then reopen the file, but the layout that was fine before is now reset in the drawing file... And it is always the largest viewport in the layout, the smaller viewports in the layout never reset as well... 

I am really not sure on how to fix this... I would post up the drawing, but I have already reset up the viewports hoping that this would be the last time that this happens... 

Message 6 of 13
SethHall

So this happen 3 separate times in the last 3 months? Do you recall any "events" that may have occurred on your server or your machine(s) around the time this happened?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 7 of 13
01rs25subaru

This happened 4 to 5 times in the last 3 months... 3 times with just one drawing... I do not remember anything in particular... I did however have to purge the nested DGN linestyles out of the file... Maybe runnning the app makes the drawings unstable?

Message 8 of 13
SethHall

What tool did you use to purge DGN linestyles?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 9 of 13
01rs25subaru

I used the ATK-Purge application , That could possibly cause the drawing to become unstable... I audit and purge the drawing after running the application...

Message 10 of 13
SethHall

Not sure if it did or not, as I am not sure what that application removes from the drawing. I would be cautious if this same issue happens in all drawings you ran that app in.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 11 of 13
scaldwell73

I had this happen a lot with viewports where I had used the Map Tool that  puts a north arrow in that aligns with the viewport. I had to stop using it. Haven't had issues since. *knock on wood*

Shawn Caldwell
Gay & Neel, Inc.
Message 12 of 13
DeaconDave

I have had similar issues with my viewports in different drawings and have found three different commonalities.  One, there are mapped objects in each drawing; two, there are data shortcuts in each drawing and finally, what I believe was the biggest issue, having multiple, more than three, drawings open at one time.

I hope this helps. Smiley Indifferent 

David King
Civil Designer
C3D 2014 SP2
C3D 2015 SP3
C3D 2018 SP2
Win 7 Pro - 64 Bit OS
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 @ 2.80 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Message 13 of 13
01rs25subaru

DO NOT USE LAYOUT TOOLS... Especially when you use the Autodesk Approved DGN Purge tool...

I have found that utilizing the north arrow in the layout tools is causing all of my troubles with this... what sucks is that there are several jobs using these Nested AutoCAD blocks...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report