Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Mtext justification

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wbrustle
487 Views, 2 Replies

Annotative Mtext justification

I have Mtext with multiple annotative scales assigned to it, and I am constantly copying my text around to different locations within my basemap and editing the text. My question is, after copying the text to a new position almost always I have to change the justification for the text. I am finding that when I change the justification, it only updates the text that has the active annotation scale and not the others. Is there a way to update them all together to the new position or do I need to set each scale active and reposition each one individually? I know there is the "synchronize multiple scale positions" that works great moving mleaders around to different locations, but is there something like that for mtext justification?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: wbrustle

If you change the paragraph justification in the Mtext editor, all annotative scales of the Mtext will take on that property. If you use the Justification button, that only sets it for one scale.

So the answer is, yes, to a point...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
wbrustle
in reply to: tcorey

Hi

I tried to do what you suggested, but it did not work. I am still only seeing the mtext with the active scale moving to its new justification, but not the others. I am using Civil 3d 2013 with Windows 7.....not sure if that makes a difference.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report