Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annotative mtext changing location and width

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sfore
2572 Views, 7 Replies

annotative mtext changing location and width

I have annotative mtext that keeps changing width and location.  See pic.  When gripped, they're in the correct location but wrong scale.  Why does this happen?  I experienced this on a few drawings with C3d 2010 and now 2011. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sfore

Annotative text (not c3d labels) have "visual fidelity" for each annotative scale that enables tou to position various scale accordingly. You may have the light bulb on to show all annotative scales.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 8
sfore
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I understand what you're saying about how I can have different scales and locations for the same annotative text in different viewports, I get that but why does occasionly my text appears stacked when I didn't place it as such?  It's almost like it defaults to a width of nothing and stacks one line text into 2 line text for no apparent reason. 

Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza

does the mtext have a width to start with?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 8
sfore
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yes, I guess it does have a width according to the way I place it.  When gripped, it has a paper and model width listed in properties box.  Do I need to set a width of 0 on the initial placement to fix the stacking issue?

Message 6 of 8
JSpell

We are currently dealing with your same fubar.txt    We have edited the text and closed the file.  Upon re-opening the text may adjust back to stacked text.  I would love to identify the cause/solution

civil3d 2010 d 215.0.0

(I personally have d.309.0.0 and havent seen the problem, maybe it was resolved)

Message 7 of 8
sfore
in reply to: JSpell

I'm still somewhat confused as to why it does it because not all my drawings with various annotative scales do this.  In the problem drawing, if I saved and closed while in paperspace and then re-opened the drawing, my text was FUBAR.  If I saved and closed while in model space and then re-opened the drawing, everything was fine.  I started setting my mtext to a width of 0 and it hasn't happened since.  I also synchronize multiple scale positions just to be safe.

Message 8 of 8
andy.manninen

I just had a user have this happen to only ONE drawing, Audit comes up clean, if you save and exit while in paperspace the mtext gets smooshed, if you save and exit while in model space or in paperspace but inside the viewport the mtext is fine.  The solution right now was to select all the mtext affected and change the annotative property to NO. the text acts fine then.  Thought i would share...

:Cheers:

Andrew

Windows 7 x 64
12 GB Ram
Intel Xeon Quad 3.20 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Civil 3D 2014 V2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report