Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Leaders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rainmanoliver1
628 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Leaders

Civil 3d2012

I'm working with annotative text, dimensions and leaders for the first time (I know, i'm way behind the times)

I have created plan and profile sheets which have rotated viewports. I would like the "Horizontal Landing" to be horizontal when viewed from paper space.

I'm assuming I am missing a setting somewhere. In the attached picture, the leader on the left is how I want it to look (I manually adjusted it to get it to look like this) On the right is how it currently looks in the drawing.

Thanks for al the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rainmanoliver1

Are your cross-hairs angled, too?  If so, set your UCS to VIEW and then type DDUCS and save it as USER.

in paperspace tab...

Command: UCS > V > >

Command: DDUCS > 'double click in the highlighted box and rename to USER and press OK

> = enter button

Message 3 of 4
rainmanoliver1
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks so much. That has me up and running!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rainmanoliver1

Glad to help.

Another option would be to use an intelligent Civil 3D "NOTE"... (and probably the preferred option by C3D enthusiasts)

Go to the General Tab and down at the bottom, click on ADD LABELS.

When the ADD LABELS box pops up, make sure you select Note.

You'll need to adjust the 'style' to show your text height, etc. but make sure you do it in the DRAGGED STATE box, too.

This will automatically adjust and re-size your text based on the scale and rotation of your viewport.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report