Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Contour Labels xrefed into Sheet files not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JoeKay
229 Views, 2 Replies

Annotative Contour Labels xrefed into Sheet files not working

I have a problem. I have a contour file from a client that I am referencing into my sheet files. They have the contour labels on but the text size is not changing size with my viewport. In fact they are way over sized through my viewport, look fine in model space. All my viewport/annotative properties are set correctly so I'm assuming its maybe the contour label properties in Civil? Any insight to what may be causing my contour text to not change annotatively or how to maybe adjust the properties in Civil. Thanks so much in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: JoeKay

Are the units the same in all files?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
JoeKay
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Actually no. I should of clarified that. Civil file is in feet. Sheet is inches. I think this is where the problem lies. Changing the scales in Civil didn't help. either my text would be right or my lines would be wrong, scale wise. But my lines always came in correctly, as they should. My work around, and please tell me if this was wrong or there is a better way, was to change the text height in the label style. I need the text to be 3/32" in my sheet drawing, so I changed the text to (3/32)/12 = .0078. Now the texted is correctly shown. Not sure if that was the right way or not. Thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report