Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annotation

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
nostupidquestions
559 Views, 10 Replies

annotation

is there a way to turn this feature off? i don't need it and it's in the way.
Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: nostupidquestions

Interesting name....

What type of annotation are you referring to?

Do you want the labels gone completely, or just turned off 'temporarily'?

wrote in message news:5587908@discussion.autodesk.com...
is there a way to turn this feature off? i don't need it and it's in the
way.
Message 3 of 11

I need to change the name because I seem to have a lot of stupid questions.

i'm probably missing the whole concept of annotation but from what i understand, it changes the scale of objects based on the viewport scale. our sites are such that we only use one viewport scale and we set up our base drawings accordingly. instead of trying to figure out the annotation feature, for now i would just like to ignore it and not have it affect things in my drawing.
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

The ANNOTATION feature is there. Ignore it.

Just WHAT is in the way?

Bill

wrote in message news:5587908@discussion.autodesk.com...
is there a way to turn this feature off? i don't need it and it's in the
way.
Message 5 of 11

i've got a site with contours and contour labels. the drawing scale is set to 1:20. the ltscale is set to 20. the annotation scale is set to 1:20. for some reason, all my linework is scaled way up. the contour labels are the correct scale. if i set the annotation scale to 1:1, all the linework is fine but the contour text is to small to read. the drawing scale changes to 1 (custom). lt scale stays the same at 20. xrefing this drawing into my sheet set, everything is fine. my contour label style should be correct since the same one i've been using for quite a while. it seems the only thing different is the annotation feature.
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 6 of 11
billneu

If I get this correctly you are talking about the annotation scaling in C3D? (The new annotation text in AutoCAD 2008 work very similar but better!)

If so think of it this way; when you set up your styles think about the size of the text when it is plotted. We are all used to Leroy and how LDT would change the text size for us depending on the current scale, whereas in C3D it does this for us depending on the current VP scale. (and the current mspace scale)

So if you are used to having your text at say a L100, then set your text sizes in your styles to 0.1". Remember that this is the plotted height not the height of the text in mspace but the plotted height on the actual sheet of paper.

A good rule is to have your dwg scale set to be the same as your mview/vport scale is this way your text will look the same as when you go to plot it. (No overlapping)

Hope this help?

Bill Neuhauser
Message 7 of 11
dgordon

the only thing your not mentioning is view port scale. What is your view port scale? Are you using paper space to plot your drawings or are you plotting from model space?
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 8 of 11

there is no viewport as this is a base drawing.
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 9 of 11

this is in c3d2008.

in my base drawing, all of my text is set to 2 units. and with a vpscale in the sheets that this drawing get's xref'd into set to 20, text prints as 0.1". In my base drawing though, the contour text displaying as 0.1 units when it should be 2 units. if i change the ltscale to 1, everything looks fine. i always have the ltscale set to whatever my sheets are going to be scaled to. if my drawings are 20 scale, my ltscale in my base drawing will also be set to 20 so that both drawings look the same.

something changed between 2007 and 2008. maybe it's not the annotation feature but i don't know what else it could be.
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

NoStupidQuestions said the following On 5/16/2007 10:33 AM:

> is there a way to turn this feature off? i don't need it and it's in the way.

Don't turn on "Annotative" when you make TextStyles, Blocks, Dimstyles,
etc. Turn it OFF if it's on now.

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 11 of 11

it must just be something in that particular drawing because i just did contour labels in another project and they worked fine.
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report