Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation troubles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mollyhirschi
256 Views, 2 Replies

Annotation troubles

Forgive me, I'm a noob with civil 3D. I am trying to label my drawing (bearings and distances) and am having a bit of trouble. . First, the precision isn't right. I keep trying to set the precision but whenever I add a parcel label it comes up with the wrong precision. Also, I can't get the scale of the labels right. They are too big and I can't seem to size them down any smaller. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: mollyhirschi

Since you are a 'noob', I'd like to first say Hi!. Then I'd like to point you to the right hand side of the forum pages, where it says Search. Entering Label Precision will give you about 100+ solutions for that portion of the question.

Again using the Search, entering Label Size will yield another number of posts answering that portion of the question.

You will find that the search, while not perfect, will answer most of your questions much faster than asking the same question again and waiting for a response. By all means, feel free to ask questions when you are stuck, we will all try to help out as we can. But rest assured, it's quite likely (especially for someone just starting with C3D) the same questions you have have already been asked and answered.

Label precision is set in the label style, when you select the correct information and precision, be sure to 'send' it to the preview pane with the Right hand Arrow.

Label size is based on the plotted size of the text. So if you want the text to be 0.10" high on your plotted sheet, set the text height to that size. Then the Modelspace/Viewport scales will dictate the size to display them (after a regen).

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
mollyhirschi
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you!!! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report