Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation or Tables' viewport Scale

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
L3GO-Ed
3896 Views, 7 Replies

Annotation or Tables' viewport Scale

Hullo,

I created Parcel objects and made a parcels table in model space at a scale of 1:5000, then for plotting/printing, I created two view ports; one for the parcels at 1: 5000, and another at a different scale to show the tables alongside the parcels. Unfortunately the tables do not seem to obey any scale, when I jump out of their viewport, they get so messy, I would like to know wat Im missing here, Shot attached

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

@L3GO-Ed wrote:

Unfortunately the tables do not seem to obey any scale, when I jump out of their viewport, they get so messy, I would like to know wat Im missing here, Shot attached

If the table wass created at a 1:5000 scale then display that table in a Viewport which is also at a 1:5000 scale. It should display properly as long as the MS scale and the VP scale match. REGENALL after setting the Viewport scale if display is still messy.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanx Jay,

My hope was to have the already largely sized model space tables and their text display at a smaller scale in a view port; which I thought was one of those coool things about view ports. So this means I should get back to model space and reduce the table sizes for them to display appropriately.

Message 4 of 8
wfberry

I haven't tried this lately but a couple of years ago, this is what I did.

Decide what scale you want your viewport to be.

Change the model space scale to the same as the viewport.

Get your table set as you want it.

Make viewport.

Now when you change your model space scale back to what it was, your table in model space may look out of "whack", however when you view it in your layout it should be OK.

This worked for me before.

Bill

Message 5 of 8
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: wfberry

I dont know, tried those but nothing seems to work. At times, they appear nice in a fresh viewport but on saving or regen, the tables just go whack. Didn't Autodesk expect users to print tables?

Message 6 of 8
rendarin

Wild stab in the dark, check the Annotation Scale property of the viewport if it's also set to the scale you need.
Message 7 of 8
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: rendarin

Checked ok, cant really figure out wats wrong

Message 8 of 8
jwehling9MJLA

AutoCAD 2018 C3D - March 19, 2018

PROBLEM: I had the same problem and solved it for my use. Basically, I'm using a separate viewport for my structure table and the table was too big for my available drawing space. Since you don't want to change the drawing scale and you can't alter (reduce) a structure table in a viewport using the viewport scaling, then.........

ANSWER: .........you must create a smaller table style. Go into your Toolspace-Settings-Structure-Table styles and copy the current table style being used, right-clip-Edit and go to data properties and reduce your Title, Header & Data style sizes. Then pull your column lines in a little down below and save. Go back into your viewport and go to your table properties and change the style to your new smaller style. Now you don't have to keep changing the viewport scale. You may want to create several table styles (Regular/Small) for each of your drawing scales being used (10-20-30-40-50) and adjust those Title sizes accordingly. Hope this helps everyone running into this same problem! Jeff W

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report