Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotate surface profiles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
279 Views, 2 Replies

Annotate surface profiles

I have a profile with multiple surfaces, when I update a surface the line in the profile that represents the surface updates. However the dynamic text or hatch that is associated with the surface does not

The dynamic text or hatch (which is dynamic to the surface) act’s like it’s still labeling the old surface line

I can edit the profile properties by changing the surface to static then back to dynamic, this will correct the hatch however all the text labels will be gone

This problem creates a huge amount of work

To fix the problem I delete the dynamic text and manual add new text that is dynamic to the profile only

Which means after any updates the text needs to be moved manual

I am sure this is not the way this software is suppose to work

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a screenshot? Also, what kind of information are you displaying and what objects/process are you using to display the dynamic portion of the text?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Will get the info together shortly Thanks for the quick reply Ken Sanderson Senior Municipal Designer, Municipal Infrastructure, Water D 403.270.9102 E ken.sanderson@aecom.com AECOM 200 - 6807 Railway Street SE, Calgary, Alberta T2H 2V6 T 403.270.9200 F 403.270.9196 www.aecom.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report