Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angled parking bays on corridor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
clebba
2001 Views, 7 Replies

Angled parking bays on corridor

can anyone offer me som insite into adding parking bays to a a road corridor.? in the image attched, there is a "return" that i have circled. I can get most of the bay to model, but cannot figure out how thto do this return. pardon my being vague with the verbal info, i will let the picture do that talking and fill in any additional info as needed.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: clebba

Those types of scenarios are a problem for corridor modeling since they are x-section based. Each of the ways I know of require too much set up and complexity to overcome the overlapping section behavior to be practical.

I think you'll find it easiest to use gradings. Of course they don't show any subgrade layers in your sections.

I've worked on a project that had identical parking stalls and gave up trying to solve it using corridors. I'm not saying there isn't an efficient solution though.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 8
Cadguru42

@clebba wrote:

can anyone offer me som insite into adding parking bays to a a road corridor.? in the image attched, there is a "return" that i have circled. I can get most of the bay to model, but cannot figure out how thto do this return. pardon my being vague with the verbal info, i will let the picture do that talking and fill in any additional info as needed.

I'm going to have a project that needs that exact same senario as you. I have been struggling to figure out how to do it, but decided to wait until I need to do the design to figure it out. 

I wonder if it'd be worth it to make it two baselines. Use one that's the drive isle/road and another that is based on the outside edge of the parking area. On the area where the angle protrudes out (as in the end of your parking area), the 2nd baseline could stretch to the edge that protrudes out. The other end (the beginning in your drawing) could just start at the parking edge and stretch to the edge of the drive isle/road. 

Or I could be way off. Smiley Happy

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: Cadguru42

Hi,

If you use the edge of parking bay as a baseline, how would you handle the diagonal that backtracks against the baseline at the protruding corner? You'll need to run a template along that edge to model the curb and daylighting.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 5 of 8
jmayo-EE

If that chamfered corner is suppose to be 90degs I think you just may need to add a section at the corner and another one just slightly past it.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Neilw_05

I suppose If you are really set on not using featurelines you could use another baseline in the main corridor with a marked point assembly and generic links for kerb etc, using a dummy corridor surface for profile but to be honest I'd just use a feature line.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 7 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Thus my comment:

Each of the ways I know of require too much set up and complexity to overcome the overlapping section behavior to be practical.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 8 of 8
clebba
in reply to: Neilw_05

I agree. it would be nice to be able to efficiently run this as a corridor as i will have many of them to do on this project. But i think I will just use featurelines and grading  and live without having the assemblies in those areas. No sense in spending dollars to make nickles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report