Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I overcomplicating this assembly?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
129 Views, 3 Replies

Am I overcomplicating this assembly?

I still consider myself quite new to Civil 3D and I am having some difficulty building an assembly. Basically I have the road and curb designed the way I want it but I don't know which assemblies to use to create the rest. Here is the design.

1. 12' road at 33:1 slope
2. 2' rolled curb
3. slope up at 4:1 for 5 feet
4. cut/fill for 11' at a max of 20:1
5. cut/fill at a max of 2:1 to the existing surface.

Tie-ing step 4 and 5 together is what I don't understand. Is this something that I do simply by building an assembly or should I build part of it as an assembly and then use grading tools to tie the grades out?

I attached a file to show you what I have already.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

under your corridor properties select the target elipses, your existing surface would most likely be your target.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Getting it to tie to the surface is not the problem.

Which sub-assembly should I use for #5, and which node would it attach to #4? Since the sub-assembly I used to get a cut/fill at 20:1 has two nodes how will it know how to attach sub-assembly #5?
Message 4 of 4
tscheevel

You might try "Daylight General".
erase the 11' link that is at 20:1.
In the daylight general, set cut 1 width to 11 and cut 1 slope to 20:1.
Set fill 1 width to 11 and fill 1 slope to 20:1.
Set flat medium and steep cut and fill slopes to suit your requirements. In this subassembly they can all 3 be the same if you want.
Leave all other parameters at their defaults. (there's a whole heap of them... don't get scared)
You'll probably need to experiment some with the settings, but it should give you what you want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report