Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to cloud affected Bing (geomap) imagery?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
autoMick
677 Views, 2 Replies

Alternatives to cloud affected Bing (geomap) imagery?

Hi, I'm having a run of bad luck with sites that I want to use the Bing geomap/geolocation (AERIAL ONLY) imagery for.... 3 sites in a row with lots of cloud cover.

In google earth it is possible to scroll back in time to view historical imagery. Is there a way to access alternative Bing aerial only images for any particular site in question?

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lim.wendy
in reply to: autoMick

Hi Mick,

I saw someone post a similar question to Microsoft form the link below:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74358d50-2ce7-408a-b0cc-5752568ee6d7/is-it-possible-to...

One of the answers from Microsoft was:

• No - you can't access old versions of imagery (or download them locally). The most useful thing you could do is to report the problem at www.bing.com/maps (click feedback at the bottom left) - and state the area and zoom level affected - it might be that there was a processing problem that could be corrected

I clicked on the feedback link and you can report the issue on Terrain covered by clouds.

feedbackBingMap.PNG

HTH,

Wendy

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 3
autoMick
in reply to: lim.wendy

Thanks Wendy, multiple feedbacks submitted. 

Regards

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report