Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_All Point Group

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wbrustle
279 Views, 3 Replies

_All Point Group

I have a drawing I am working in and I used the translate survey database to move, rotate and adjust elevations for my points. I am working in a basemap and I am going through field data to make sure the surveyors work is correct and that the linework looks good. I have a way of doing this to make sure I review each shot by making a point group called "Freeze" and set the point defaults to "none" and then as I go thru and review the field data I will go to the "Freeze" point group and select those points I have reviewed under the include tab and select the points I want and then they dissapear from the screen.....just a way for me to know what I have already looked at. This has been working greatt for me, but for some reason in this drawing I am currently working in now, in the _All Points group all the points are gone and are only in the "Freeze group and I have no idea why....What would make the field shots that I originally imported from a fieldbook disappear from  the _ALL Points group and only show up in the "Freeze" point group?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DaveM
in reply to: wbrustle

Its impossible to remove points from all points. Make sure that you have a point style and label style selected in the all points point group. Also keep in mind the the point groups higher in the prospector control points that are in multiple point groups.6-18-2013 9-08-13 AM.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 4
DaveM
in reply to: DaveM

Another possibility could be that the point styles are being over ridden by the point itself. If you select all the points in the drawing and look in the properties you can see what point style and label style is being used. If the read default, that means they will follow what the point groups tells them, otherwise they will look like what the desc key set told them to look. For example i would not want my manholes to say default because i always want them to look a certain way so my desc key gives them a look and it does not matter which point group is controlling.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 4
wbrustle
in reply to: DaveM

I can't believe after I took all the time to post that question, I had to get out of the drawing causing me problems to make an edit to another drawing and when I went back into the problem drawing sure enough points were in the _All Point group!!!! Unbelievable!!! I need to remember that for the future to get out of Civil 3d completely and try calling the dwg. up again. I find sometimes if something within the drawing is acting strange, that's all it takes. Thanks anyway for gettting back to me:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report