Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignmet style?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rade_tomovic
314 Views, 5 Replies

Alignmet style?

Is there any way to create alignment styles like ones that I'll upoload in this post? Actually this is more like linetype style, but don't know to create something like that.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: rade_tomovic

The attached drawing has a missing Shape file which probably means anyone opening the example drawing isn't seeing the linetype you see.

Can you also upload the shx file or post a screen shot of the lines?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
rade_tomovic
in reply to: Jay_B

That shp is for my own template, not important for my question. Sorry about
missunderstanding
Message 4 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: rade_tomovic

I don't see any way to create the 2 linetypes if what your asking is can the 2 examples which display start station and end station be created as one linetype composed of the linework in red in each case from left to right across the screen?

I'm assuming the start/end stationing varies and linetypes aren't that flexible.

There may be a way to accomplish this using Dynamic Blocks but I doubt it's possible using a standard Autocad linetype.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 6
sboon
in reply to: Jay_B

I think I can see how this could be done.  First - it appears that you want half circles at the ends of the Type 1 alignment and angled lines at the ends of Type 2.  These could be created using markers which can be specified in the alignment style to appear at the start and endpoints.

For the linetypes - the Type 1 is a hidden linestyle which can be specified in the style.  The triple line for Type 2 is a little harder, but it is possible to create a linetype with a shape along it that includes parallel lines.

Clipboard01.png

Here's an example.  This alignment is using a linetype which includes a shape at intervals.  The shape is made up of three parallel line segments - you can see all three of them in the curve.  In your case the segments could be very short and very close together so that they create the illusion of continuous lines.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 6
rade_tomovic
in reply to: sboon

That is it, tnx!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report