Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignments and Sites?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Steenix
243 Views, 5 Replies

Alignments and Sites?

What is the purpose of placing alignments on sites? I understand that objects on different sites cannot "interact" with each other, when would that be an issue with alignments?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: Steenix

Rights of Way for streets is usually the starting place to subdivide land before chopping it into lots.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6
Steenix
in reply to: Pointdump

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand how that relates to alignments and sites

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

Say you have a grid of streets, 2 running north-south, 2 running east-west, giving you 4 intersections. If all of these alignments are in the same site, the closed area between them will create a Parcel. If you have a boundary parcel in the same site, and the alignments intersect it, any closed area will become a parcel. Placing alignments in separate sites, or the SitelessAlignments collection, prevents parcels from being created by the alignments.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
Joe-Bouza

To appreciate alignments and sites you have to see alignments as more/ other than a stationing line. Hint: hatch boundaries

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Steenix
in reply to: Jeff_M

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report