Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Table

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sbrasher2010
945 Views, 4 Replies

Alignment Table

Hi, I have created an alignment and I would like to create a table that includes this information: station, northing, easting, bearing, deflection angle, deflection left or right, and length. So far I have not found any option to include the deflection angle to the next PI in a table. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: sbrasher2010

You can make a Curve Label Expression that uses End Direction minus Start Direction. When you make your segment table style, add that expression as the data source for the curve objects.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
sbrasher2010
in reply to: tcorey

That's a great idea, Tim, but I don't have any curves in my alignment.. Is there a work-around for this?

Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: sbrasher2010

It may seem bizzare, I don't know if it will work and I don't really like it; but how about putting a zero radius curve at each PI?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: troma

There is no way, without programming, to access the two directions by using the line components. You must have a curve.

You cannot use a 0 radius curve, but you can use a 0.00001 radius curve. I don't know if you like the idea of having curves, however insignificant, listed in your tables, but that's the only way I can think of to do this.

The two directions are also available through PI labeling, but PI information is not available to the Alignment Segment Table.

Be sure to post and let us know how you handled this issue. It'll might help others in the future.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report