Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment stationing....

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
211 Views, 7 Replies

Alignment stationing....

I have made an alignment, however when it comes in it is telling me that the stream is only 57 feet long when in reality it is 688 feet long. What could be the issue?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

aimeeg14 wrote:
> I have made an alignment, however when it comes in it is telling me
> that the stream is only 57 feet long when in reality it is 688 feet
> long. What could be the issue?

We need much more information (and preferably a drawing)- how was the
alignment made, what version of the program, etc. It MAY be a units
problem - 57*12 (inches) comes up remarkably close to your answer (684
rather than 688)

--
Jason Hickey

Civil 3D 2007, SP3
Dell Precision M70
2 GIG RAM, 256 MB nVidia Quadro FX Go1400
Intel Centrino 2 gHz Processor

www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

The alignment was made by creating it from a polyline. which the polyline is 688 feet in length. Where can I check the units for my drawing?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Sounds like a settings issue. I've had this with a couple of my drawings. Go to the settings tab on your toolspace, then right click on your drawing name on the units tab, which is towards the left, check your units to insert by. If it's set like mine was in my problem drawings, it will be blank. If that's the case, set it to feet. Do a regen and this SHOULD fix your problem.

Fred Mitchell
APAI
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Freddy,

Thanks that helped get the first and last stationing, however there are no station units in between, could you help me out on that one?

Aimee
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Right click on your alignment and go to edit labels. Check your frequency now. You'll need to keep an eye out because your settings could be fouled up throughout your drawing. Your master settings are fixed but you might have to check your individual settings. Like station frequency. Hope this helps.

Fred Mitchell
APAI
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Fred,

Thanks that worked, however I have been looking as to how I can rotate the numbers. Looking downstream the numbers are upside down.

Aimee
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

You'll have to go into your label creation box. Change your Plan readability to true then set your angle. It's default is 110 but I set mine to 95. It's just preference. Also, set your object alignment to object. Then set your label angle for perpendicular or parallel. Let me know how this works.

Fred Mitchell
APAI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report