Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Station Precision?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Oslo
2610 Views, 4 Replies

Alignment Station Precision?

OK, one other question, Im very inquisitive today...my alignment stations are to a precision of 2 decimals...where do I have to change the precision to zero decimal points? Appreciate someone's help, I have to get this drawing out today!!

Thanks!!

Oz
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tscheevel
in reply to: Oslo

Step 1:Pick your alignment on the screen, right click and select alignment properties.
Step 2: In the style column in the labels tab of the alignment properties dialog box, click the little graphic on the right side of the cell that shows the alignment label style. (see attached)
Step 3: In the "Pick label style" dialog box click the down arrow to the right of the drop down list and select "Edit current selection".
Step 4: In the label style composer-Layout tab, click in the cell in the "Value" column that is adjacent to the "Contents property". A grey button will appeat in the right end of the cell. Click the button and the "Text Component Editor" will appear.
Step 5: Place your cursor in the middle of the hieroglyphics in the right pane or the "Text Component Editor" and left click to highlight it as shown.
Step 6: Click in the value cell in the table on the left side adjacent to the "Precision" modifier. an arrow will appear in the right end of the cell. click the arrow and select 0 from the drop down list.
Alternative Step 6: Notice in the table on the left side of the "Text component editor" 6 cells below the "Precision" modifier there is a cell that says "Drop decimal for whole numbers". In the cell to the right of that one you can change the value to "yes". That will drop the decimal on even stations and still give you more precision on odd stations.
Step 7:Click the blue arrow.
Step 8: Click ok a whole bunch of times to close all of your dialog boxes and your changes should be implemented.
I know it seems like alot of steps, but after you get used to in it gets really easy.
Message 3 of 5
tscheevel

Error in step 6:
You will want to select 1 instead of 0.
Message 4 of 5
Oslo

Tscheevel Dood,

You so rock. Thanks for your help, I would not have figured that one out on my own!! Thanks thanks thanks!!!
Oz
Message 5 of 5
sergiopedroza
in reply to: tscheevel

Hi, I have the same accuracy problem. I did all the steps you indicated and the drawing on the screen worked, but when I use the command below to generate a report:
<td> <xsl: value-of select = "landUtils: FormatStation (string (@staBack), string ($ Alignment.Station.Display), string ($ Alignment.Station.precision), string ($ Alignment.Station.rounding )) "/> </td>
The report keeps coming to 3 decimal places. Would you have any ideas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report