Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment station modification

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rwatson654
777 Views, 8 Replies

Alignment station modification

When an alignment needs to have stationing modified, what is the best process for this when a proposed grade line and corridor have been established?  I know the proposed grade line can be edited via edit profile geometry>profile grid view.  But what from I have found each station has to be modified individually, which is cumbersome.  I would hope to be able to modify the proposed grade line by changing only the beginning station and the rest would update, similar to the alignment.

C3D 2011, (latest updates)

Win 7 Pro, 64-bit

16 GB RAM

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bruce.jordan
in reply to: rwatson654

When you say "have stationing modified" are you saying just the station values need to change (say from 0+00 to 10+00), or are you actually making horizontal changes to your alignment.

Bruce

Message 3 of 9
rwatson654
in reply to: bruce.jordan

Changing the station number, not modifying the layout.  Like you said changing from 0+00 to say 10+00.

Message 4 of 9
bruce.jordan

I think I may have misread your original post.

Are you looking to "move" your profile, and leave the alignment stationing alone?

-Bruce

Message 5 of 9
castled071049

Click on the alignment, go to Alignment Properties > Stations tab, and you will see where you can type in a new beginning station for your alignment, and/or you can pick a new place on the alignment for your beginning station location. You will receive warning messages everytime you try this, so just click OK and do what you need to do. 

Message 6 of 9

Those warning messages are there for a reason.

The OP has design profiles and corridors, I don't thnk the results will be what they want.

-Bruce

Message 7 of 9
bruce.jordan

rwatson654 -

If you are just wanting to move alignment stationing from 0+00 to 10+00 for example then take a look using station equations found in the alignment properties.

-Bruce

Message 8 of 9
Joe-Bouza

One way is you can create and expression to add to the station labes 1000 and nothing will be altered in the pgl or corridor

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
rwatson654
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

didn't think of an expression, good idea. was hoping autodesk would build this in.  seems like i need to modify alignment stations on and so forth on a lot of projects (clients who want specific stationing but don't let you know until 90% completed projects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report