Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Station & Offset Label Style - Dragged State.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
DEVR3455
1758 Views, 9 Replies

Alignment Station & Offset Label Style - Dragged State.

My dragged state leader does not display properly.  The attachment runs through my first line of text. Any suggestions out there that may correct this problem? My display is set to "As Composed" I do not want the stacked text setting.

Thank you.   I have attached a picture that shows the issue I am having.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CADvisers
in reply to: DEVR3455

Send an image of what your Layout Settings are set to.

Jonathan Stewart
CADvisers
P.O. Box 7811
Lancaster, PA 17604
Ph. 717-468-3111

Message 3 of 10
DEVR3455
in reply to: CADvisers

I have attached all the label style settings. When you wrote send the layout settings I was thinkingh you mean the label style setings.

Message 4 of 10
CADvisers

I was meaning how is the text to look without being stacked.   It seems to me that you have the text manally stacked in the contents if you have the dragged state set to AS COMPOSED.  But in doing this it will override the leader attachment location.

Jonathan Stewart
CADvisers
P.O. Box 7811
Lancaster, PA 17604
Ph. 717-468-3111

Message 5 of 10
mathewkol

If the "STA" is to the right of the leader when it's on the right of the leader and if it's how your image depicts it when it's on the left, there's little besides "stacked" you can do besides turn off the leader and add your own leader manually. .
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 10
DEVR3455

Yes I did stack my text manually in the contents field. I did not know using "As Composed" would override the leader settings. Guess I am going to have to live with the display setting set to "Stack".

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 10
DEVR3455
in reply to: mathewkol

Yes it looks like I am going to have to go with  the Stack text setting. I can live with it and it beats creating leaders manually, too much work I have a large number of Sta & Offset labels.

Thanks for your help

Message 8 of 10
CADvisers

How is the text looking when setting it to stacked?

If it's modifying it too much,  Copy the style you have and have the text attachment set to middle right instead of middle left.   So you'll have two styles for either location.

Jonathan Stewart
CADvisers
P.O. Box 7811
Lancaster, PA 17604
Ph. 717-468-3111

Message 9 of 10
DEVR3455

Yes I thought of creating two styles as well. I am keeping my labels left justified, I have enough room in the drawing and I like the uniform and neat look being displayed. But, I am saving the right justified  label in my DWT for future use.

Thanks again

Message 10 of 10
SurveyorLee

In the settings file, under Leader Attachment, it is set to "Middle of Top Line"

Look and see if there as a Left or Right justification to attach it too.

I haven't done any testting on that but that looks like that could be where you need it to go.  If so, changing it once in the style will change all of them.

Surveyor Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report