Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment station -0+00

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
charles.neely
3343 Views, 16 Replies

Alignment station -0+00

I have an alignment where the start station is listed as -0+00 and it even is labeling it that way. What is causing this and how can i fix it? Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
doni49
in reply to: charles.neely

My best guess is that it's some type of rounding issue.  When you click on the alignment, it's possible to actually move the start point.  Maybe you (or someone) else did move it a very minute amount.

Open up the Alignment properties and go to the starting station field, highlight what's there and type in 0.00.  This should force it to change.  I wouldn't be surprised to find that the ending station changes by that same amount.

EDIT:  I just tested this theory.  When I moved the start point via grip edit, the new start point remained at 0+00 and the end station changed.  So that's not what caused your issue.  I did change the start station to -0.001 and the start station now shows as -0+00.

I then did exactly as I previously suggested and it changed back to 0+00.

I'm on C3D 2012.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 17
charles.neely
in reply to: doni49

I tried moving the end point after reading your original post and no luck. Re-drew the alignment and still shows at -0+00. I'm wondering if it's due to it starting where another alignment ends but after I moved it that wasnt the case anymore and it still showed -0+00.

Message 4 of 17
doni49

Did you try actually changing the starting station to zero?  Change it so that there's nothing but a single zero in the field and hit Ok.

It worked for me.  Otherwise, try posting your file.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 17
charles.neely

Here's my alignment properties dialog box. It wont hold just a 0 in the station box, it goes back to 0+00.00 when I hit the button to pick reference point. alignment.png

Message 6 of 17
doni49

That's what we want.  It should revert to 0+00.00 -- but did you notice the negative is no longer there?  I don't see one in your screen shot.  Go ahead and press Ok.

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 17
charles.neely

There is a negative on the right side. It was never on the left side. That was always 0+00. And when I would add labels it would show as -0+00.

Message 8 of 17
doni49

Ok.  Sorry about that then.

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 17
doni49

Can you post your dwg file?  If it's too large, then you can create a data shortcut to it.  Then create a new dwg, reference it in and then promote it -- it'll be part of the new file with nothing else that way.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 17
charles.neely

No worries, I appreciate you offering suggestions.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 17
charles.neely

Here's a file with the problem alignment - Braddons. I included the alignments before and after it.

Message 12 of 17
doni49

I can't open it -- I'm on C3D 2012 and got a message that it was saved in a newer version -- sorry.  Hopefully someone else can assist you.

Don Ireland

Message 13 of 17
Jeff_M

I've had this issue before. I think it also involved an alignment which started with a curve. If you don't plan to have any station labels that are negative, change the label style to drop the sign.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 14 of 17
sboon
in reply to: Jeff_M

I've also run into this problem on occasion.  Seems to be an issue somehow with calculating the location of the reference point relative to end of the arc that starts the alignment.  I found that setting the reference station to something just barely positive seems to work.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 15 of 17
RFnike11

I was having the same problem. Here is a general solution:

Go to the TOOLSPACE tab and go to SETTINGS

Find youe station label by opening the ALIGNMENT---LABELSTYLES---LABELSETS---STATION---MAJORSTATION

Right click on the type of style and select EDIT (this will open your "Label Style Composer")

Click on the LAYOUT tab and find the CONTENTS property and select the corresponding prompt box in the "Values" column'

This will open another box "Text Component Editor". Select STATIONVALUE under the "Property" dropdown

Next, find the "Sign" row and select the corresponding dropdown in the "Values" column

Scroll down and select DROPSIGN

Finally CLICK THE APPLY ARROW at top of the "Text Component Editor" box.

Click OK and APPLY and the major station text format should be edited.

Message 16 of 17
Joe-Bouza

Alignment properties>>> station control, set it to 0

it probably got gripped and got squirly

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 17 of 17
Bill_Myron
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Delete the first curve section.

Redraw the curve, but with a tangent piece at athe beginning.

Delete the tangent piece.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report