Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Start - Stationing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Thoisington
450 Views, 4 Replies

Alignment Start - Stationing

I have an alignment that loops back on its self. I am trying to create the alignment from a polyline. When I create the alignment (from polyline), it does not give it the starting point that I want. I know I can go to the alignment properties and change the reference point, but this doesn't give me the outcome I want. This creates a negative station number back to the "real" starting point. How can I define the "real" starting point where I want?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Thoisington

You will have many problems unless you make at least two alignments.  Just make the second alignment start with the ending station of the first alignment.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
mathewkol

In alignment properties you can change the starting station. Same page as changing the reference station.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey

Perhaps if you don't use a closed polyline. Break your polyline where you want the alignment to start.

Just a thought.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
wfberry

It looks like I am beating a dead horse here.  From your description it appears you may have this alignment parallel to itself.  In my experience if you want some kind of offset from the alignment, it KNOWS NOT which "alignment".

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report