Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alignment question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mohseni1991
435 Views, 5 Replies

alignment question

hi everyone.

i wanted to ask if someone knows the diffrence between green lines made in alignment commands and regular lines that are white in color?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

>> the diffrence between green lines made in alignment commands and regular lines that are white in color?

As you can define very different visualisations of the same object using different styles we don't know what style-settings you are using ... so we don't see what is green and what is white in your drawing.

Show us either the drawing or at least a screenshot.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
owenmull
in reply to: mohseni1991

@mohseni1991 wrote:

hi everyone.

i wanted to ask if someone knows the diffrence between green lines made in alignment commands and regular lines that are white in color?

Could you post a picture of what you are describing? Your description is a bit vague.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

thats th e screen shot that u wanted from me.

why the other alignment line does not have the same type of the first one?

Message 5 of 6
sboon

The lines created by the alignment tools are controlled by the alignment style.  The look of regular lines is controlled by their layer or other properties set by the user.  Keep in mind that the objects created by the Civil 3D tools are not basic AutoCAD objects, and how the look and act is not the same.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 6
owenmull

Um, yeah, other than Steve's reply, I'm still not entirely sure what exactly the problem you are describing is. C3D objects behave much differently than ACAD objects. Details?

Are you trying to create an alignment from a line? Trying to extract linework from an Alignment? I'm at a loss here with this one.Smiley Frustrated

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report