Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Profile geometry keeps moving

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
WyldeParnelle
918 Views, 9 Replies

Alignment Profile geometry keeps moving

Anyone ever experience your profile geometry randomly moving over by no specific number. Often I will open my drawing and several of my profiles are all messed up because the geometry moved. I have resorted to drawing circles at all the points so that if it moves I can reposition it. Super pain in the butt - Using Civil 3D 2012.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jeff_M
in reply to: WyldeParnelle

I have never had any geometry move on it's own. Accidental grip edits, perhaps?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 10
WyldeParnelle
in reply to: Jeff_M

Nope...I will close my drawing and go back to it and several profiles will have moved. It has happened to a coworker as well and neither of us have been able to figure out why and how to stop it.

Message 4 of 10
WyldeParnelle
in reply to: Jeff_M

here is an example...I just saved my drawing, closed Civil 3d and re-opened...look at the images a.jpg is where the profile is supposed to be and b.jpg is where it ends up.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: WyldeParnelle

model space, or paper space view?

drefs?

If I have a drawing with the topo surface with a scale of 1:1000, and a separate drawing with the plan and profile at a scale of 1:500, I may see a shift. Generally, synchronize each d-ref will "fix" it. Sometimes an audit will make it work.

If you have a ucs other than world, or base point other than 0,0 it could cause issues as well.

Make sure layers are off, not frozen. Especially with drefs.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have padding on your grid?

Message 7 of 10
WyldeParnelle
in reply to: Anonymous

model space, or paper space view? - Model

drefs? - Yes 2

If I have a drawing with the topo surface with a scale of 1:1000, and a separate drawing with the plan and profile at a scale of 1:500, I may see a shift. Generally, synchronize each d-ref will "fix" it. Sometimes an audit will make it work. - Will try Audit - 172 errors (Yikes)..also did recover...now only one moved. Will try it again.

If you have a ucs other than world, or base point other than 0,0 it could cause issues as well. - UCS = World

Make sure layers are off, not frozen. Especially with drefs.

Padding - ?

Message 8 of 10

Open my drawing this morning and ALL of them moved again. Good thing I put little circles to place them back where they belong. Driving my bonkers!

Message 9 of 10

Edit the profile geometry with the profile layout tools.  Verify that the grade break and PVI station values are correct.  

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 10 of 10

YES...thanks, that fixed it. I locked all the PVI points and no longer move.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report