Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment PI Station Report settings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ccino
2238 Views, 6 Replies

Alignment PI Station Report settings

I am trying to export an Alignment PI Station Report. I've set all the settings I can find to round coordinates to 4 decimal places, Distance to 2 decimal places, and Direction to the nearest second (DMS). When I execute the PI Station Report, the Distance is 3 decimal places and the Direction is to the nearest 100th of a second. Anyone have suggestions on how to get these to the correct decimal place? I managed to change them to the correct decimal place for a Station & Curve Report, but not for the PI Station Report. Also, for the Northing/Easting coordinates, I want to remove the commas (for example, a Northing of 3,058,715.3774' should read 3058715.3774').

Thank you,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: ccino

This needs to be done in the alignment feature settings in the settings tab.  You didn't say what you tried so I'm assuming you've not tried this.

The other reports (at least the XSLT style) honor settings changes in the report settings dialog, but the PI report is a .NET report and it does not user those settings, but the ones in the settings tab.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 7
ccino
in reply to: mathewkol

Thank you!

I still can't figure out how to remove the commas from the coordinates, but that's not a big issue.

Thanks again,

Chris

Message 4 of 7
mathewkol

There are just some things that you can't do in there.  I'm not saying there isn't a way to do what you want exactly, but there may not.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 7
vansonly

@ccino wrote:

I am trying to export an Alignment PI Station Report. I've set all the settings I can find to round coordinates to 4 decimal places, Distance to 2 decimal places, and Direction to the nearest second (DMS). When I execute the PI Station Report, the Distance is 3 decimal places and the Direction is to the nearest 100th of a second. Anyone have suggestions on how to get these to the correct decimal place? I managed to change them to the correct decimal place for a Station & Curve Report, but not for the PI Station Report. Also, for the Northing/Easting coordinates, I want to remove the commas (for example, a Northing of 3,058,715.3774' should read 3058715.3774').

Thank you,

Chris

I am trying to run a similar report.  The only thing I cannot change is the format of the direction settings.  Right now the report is returning an azimuth for the direction.  I would like to change that to DMS and I noticed that you said you already changed that.  Where do you change that setting?  I am poking around in the "Edit Report Settings" box and I don't see a place to change it.

I am currently using Civil 3d 2012.  Please help if you can.

Message 6 of 7
mario_marenco

alignment report gives me different pi and different coord. than the dwg.

as shown on inset. ex. pi station in cad is 1+69.93 but report says 1+88.01

please help

Message 7 of 7
pede_bim1
in reply to: mario_marenco

Do you have a resolve for this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report