AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 1 of 1 (72 Views)

alignment name changing?

72 Views, 0 Replies
09-27-2013 07:17 AM

running c3d 2011...

Yesterday, when I went home, I had two alignments in my base file, BWLK-C1, and BWLK-E-C1, proposed and existing. I had set up data shortcuts, and datareferenced them into several sheet files. All worked.

This morning, BWLK-E-C1 has a new name in the base file, BWLK-E-C1(1) - so naturally all the datareferences are broken.

I have done nothing with that alignment since it was created (after all, it's the CL of the existing boardwalk - so can't change geometry) other than change the style. WTF would cause the name to change like that.

I did try manually renaming it back, and got a message that the name was duplicated - but it does not show up in prospector in the base design file.

??

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.