Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Markers along Curves not consistant

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
lcox-CRE
527 Views, 14 Replies

Alignment Markers along Curves not consistant

HI. I have a some polylines given to me to turn into alignments.  After using Create Alignment from Object I noticed that my marker settings are off.  I have curves all along this alignment for there to be a marker at all intersections.  So on the curves some are correct (at PI and PT points) but along same alignment some have a marker at the midpoint of the curve.  I can not find any place for this to be turned off?  Has anyone else had this issue?

I am adding a picture of what I am talking about.

I am on Civil 3d 2014

Thank you!

Lisa

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Jay_B
in reply to: lcox-CRE

Possibly a "Mid point" marker?

midpoint.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 15
wfberry

You have your tangents labeled completely, the curve label is the TAG label that holds the info to plot a table with your curve data.

Bill

Message 4 of 15
lcox-CRE
in reply to: Jay_B

My midpoint is set to none

Message 5 of 15
lcox-CRE
in reply to: wfberry

It is not a Tag Label.  I remove all labels and it is still there.  It is part of the Alignment markers.  But can not figure out why some curves have it and some curves do not.  And how to turn them all off.  If I turn off Through points on the markers all markers turn off including those. But I want the through points on but not in the middle of some of my curves.

Message 6 of 15
doni49

What version are you using (including SP# if there is one)?

If you post your dwg file, someone will take a look.  That would a lot simpler than us trying to speculate what it could be.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 15
wfberry

When you have the Properties window open and select this "label" what does it call it in the top of the Properties Window?

Bill

Message 8 of 15
lcox-CRE
in reply to: doni49

Autocad Civil 3D 2014 SP2

I am attaching my drawing.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 15
wfberry

Your drawing says it's a TAG.

Bill

Message 10 of 15
doni49

Curve 1 is defined as a three point curve.  Curve 3 is defined by two points and a radius.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 11 of 15
doni49
in reply to: wfberry

When I opened the Alignment Properties>Alignment Style>Markers tab and changed "Through Points" from Dot to <None>, these all went away (including the ones he wants and doesn't want).

CurveThroughPointsMarkers.png

Don Ireland

Message 12 of 15
lcox-CRE

So if I go in and change them to 2 point curves it should all go away with the midpoint tags?  I can do that and I will let the engineer that lays it out about it too so we can advoid this issue in the future. 

Thank you!

Message 13 of 15
doni49

@lcox-CRE wrote:

So if I go in and change them to 2 point curves it should all go away with the midpoint tags? 

Thank you!

Based on what I'm seeing, that would be my expectation. 

When troubleshooting something like this, I look for things that are different between the "it works" and "it doesn't work" items.  The resolution is usually in there somewhere.

Don Ireland

Message 14 of 15
lcox-CRE

That was it Doni49!  Thank you so much for your help!

Message 15 of 15
doni49

I'm pleased to hear that you got it resolved. Thanks for letting us know. Have a great day!

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report