Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment linetype

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ChazBraz
1828 Views, 4 Replies

Alignment linetype

For some reasons, my alignments take on a zig-zag linetype (or at least the appearance of that linetype).  I can change it to any linetype, and it stays the same.  Checked the style, and the linetype and colors are set for Bylayer, and the layer linetype is CENTER.  Any ideas?  Screen capture attached.  Thanks!

Charles
Civil 3D 2020
Alienware Aurora R8
Win 10 Pro
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: ChazBraz

What about the linetype in the alignment style?

Also, did you get any warnings/notices when the drawing opened about replacement shapes/fonts?

You may have to close the drawing and reopen it to review the command history immediately after opening.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
ChazBraz
in reply to: rkmcswain

I did check the linetype in the alignment style - set to BYLAYER.  Tried changing to Center with no difference.  All other objects using the center linetype are fine - only seems to effect alignments.  Has also happened in other drawings as well.  Will try reloading the linetype from the ACAD.lin file - may be something in my custom linetype file (although this only started happening in the last few days...)

Charles
Civil 3D 2020
Alienware Aurora R8
Win 10 Pro
Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: ChazBraz

Could you post a small drawing exhibiting this issue?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
ChazBraz
in reply to: Jeff_M

I found out the problem was with a custom linetype file I loaded - was trying to get a particular fence line out of that file and just reloaded all the linetypes in that file and apparently the CENTER style in that file was using that batting-type pattern.  Reloaded the CENTER linetype from the ACAD.lin file and that solved it.  Thanks for the help!

Charles
Civil 3D 2020
Alienware Aurora R8
Win 10 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report