Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alignment linestyle for curves plotting as continuous

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ckarako3
660 Views, 8 Replies

alignment linestyle for curves plotting as continuous

I have an alignment file that is xref into multiple dwg files. For the one file, however, the curve plots as "continuous", while the tangents plot as "center". In all the other sheets it plots fine. The alignment styles are good. Looking at it on my screen it looks fine. The xref is on its own layer (not zero or some random layer). All the psltscale, msltscale and celtscales are set to 1. The ltscale is set to .5 (set to 1 doesn't change anything). What am I missing??

2012 Civil 3D

Thanks,

Christina

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gjrcmb
in reply to: ckarako3

When you look at the Alignment Style that is being applied to the alignment in the xrefed file, and the Display tab are the lines and curves setup to be on different layers?  If so, look at the layer specified for curves in the file with the issue, and confirm that the correct linestyle is specified for that layer.  Only thing I came up with so far.

Message 3 of 9
ckarako3
in reply to: gjrcmb

Yep! The alignment style has everything set to be no the same layer...

alignment style.png

I checked the plot style - all the colors are set to be "use object linetype"....

The one thing I did was delete the current view port and created a new one - but that is just a pain since it's rotated and there is text in the paper space (I didn't create the file - just helping out the person who did).

I'm at a loss =D

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it.

Christina

Message 4 of 9
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Perhaps if you uploaded the drawing, one of us could take a look

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 9
ckarako3

I wish I could! But company policy dictates that - and unfortunately, I can't provide a dwg file. I am doing my best to convey the issue =D

I appreciate any help! I've look at other forum entries and tried some of the things I've found - but no luck yet.

Thanks,

Christina

Message 6 of 9
gjrcmb

If I am understanding you correctly, you are finding that creating a new viewport resolves the issue?  Makes me think it is viewport layer setting related but we already covered that I think.  

Anyway, if that does work and you can't come up with anything else then maybe you could try the following to speed up the process of recreating viewports assuming the viewports are rectangular or least orthogonal?:

* Perhaps use the Layer States Manager to save layer settings for layout viewport (see note below).
* Use attached lisp application to list rotation of existing viewport.
* Create a polyline that overlays on top of the existing viewport.
* Create a second copy of the polyline that again lays directly on top of the existing viewport.
* Use the CHSPACE command to move one of the polylines to paperspace.
* Erase the existing viewport, but keep the polyline that is still in paperspace (may need to change display order).
* Create a new viewport, where you use the polyline in paperspace to specify the limits of the new viewport.
* Rotate the view of the viewport (DVIEW Twist) the number of degrees displayed by the lisp application.
* Zoom Window to the polyline in model space.  

Note:  The other wildcard is whether you want to use the Layer States Manager to save the Layer States prior to erasing the existing viewport, and then restore Layer States after creating the new Viewport.  Only thing about this, is that if it is layer settings that are causing the issue, this might restore the problem as well.  I am not really that versed at using the Layer States manager, but it seems like this would save you from having to reconfigure layer settings.

I know all of that is just a work around, but not sure how to resolve the actual issue particularly without being able to look at the fle.  However, I understand the reasons.

Message 7 of 9
gjrcmb

OK, I know you can just find out the existing rotation of a viewport by using DVIEW Twist, however not sure there is another way.  So just thought the lisp might be a useful alternative.  Made a slight revision to lisp routine, see below.

Message 8 of 9
ckarako3

That is a great idea. I'm glad you mentioned layer states. I will definitely try what you said (including the .lsp routine).

Thank you very much!

Christina

Message 9 of 9
ckarako3

.lsp routine worked like a dream! Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report