Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment line/curve LTscale wont change

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
NeilSpoon
1821 Views, 9 Replies

Alignment line/curve LTscale wont change

I am setting up a template for my company and have noticed that I can't change the line/curve/spiral LTscale:

I have chosen a layer with the CENTER linetype for my line/curve/spiral in the style editor. The Alignment appears correctly with the CENTER linetype. However I want to make the dashes a bit bigger, so I change the LTscale in the style editor to 4, but then nothing changes.

When I change the same setting for the "line_extensions" element to the same layer, these WILL update when changing the LTscale.

All my LTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, MSLTSCALE are set to 1. 

All other lines, such as polylines and featurelines, as well as the line extension lines of the alignment update correctly. Its just the alignment line.curve/spiral elements that do not.......

Are these locked somewhere?

---------------------------------------
Intel Xeon E31230 - 3.20 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit
Nvidia Quadro 600 - 1GB DDR3
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rl_jackson
in reply to: NeilSpoon

Im using C3D12, and do not exhibit this behavior

alignment_style.png

When I change the LT Scale in the style to 4 the entire alignment linetype increases in size.

If you looking for a little more control, you may want to resort to a custom linetype.

Rick

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
NeilSpoon

Hmm strange. I will have to try it tomorrow on my works computer. It might just be a bug on my home laptop....

Thanks for checking this.

Intel Xeon E31230 - 3.20 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit
Nvidia Quadro 600 - 1GB DDR3
Message 4 of 10
davidmarin

I'm setting up an alignment and a profile style that I've use during the last 6 months. This week the LTSCALE doesn't work, I change the value to 5, 10, 20 and nothing happens. It's affecting no only the model drawing but also the layouts and consequently the plotted sheets.

Same thing, all other lines, such as polylines and featurelines, as well as the line extension lines of the alignment update correctly.

Can anyone help?. We know that this doesn't happen in some computers, but we need a solution to our problem.

Intel Xeon X5660 - 2.80 GHz
24.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit
Nvidia Quadro 4000 - 2GB

Message 5 of 10
jc_montreal

I have the same problem. Civil 3D 2012. Alignment linetype change but LT Scale in the Alignment Style is always the same, whatever number I give it. On the Profile Style, it works perfectly...

It's like the alignment only have ONE SCALE.

Message 6 of 10
Nathaniel_2012

Guys any update on this problem? Im on the same situation right now....I need help.

Message 7 of 10

I'm having this problem too.  Has anyone found a soulution?

Message 8 of 10
TroutHunter

im getting exactly the same problem.

only the alignemt won't change lts

any fixes for this

Message 9 of 10
KTitus
in reply to: TroutHunter

I have also experienced this problem with Feature lines and survey figures. I don't have a solution to the problem but my workaround has been to change the global ltscale to the value that suits my needs. Unfortunately this requires all linetypes to be scaled the same in the .lin file because it scales every line type by the same amount.

Anyways, it may or may not help out.

Message 10 of 10
harold.alberto

I'm also having the same issue.  I'm using Civil 3D 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report