Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Labels, plan readability vs. position of label to anchor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nicholeCAD
7322 Views, 6 Replies

Alignment Labels, plan readability vs. position of label to anchor

I created a label set to include geometry points, with the station text above the line.  I would like to keep the plan readability and also keep the location of the text in relation to the line. For example when the lable exceeds 110 degrees the text flips so legible; however location of the text switches to the bottom of the line.  How can I maintain both?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sboon
in reply to: nicholeCAD

Check the Behaviour settings in your label style. In this case I've set it so that the label is always on the left side of the alignment.  It's sometimes useful to locate the relevant style in the Settings tab of the Prospector and edit it directly from there.  That way you can change something, hit the Apply button and see the effect immediately.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 7
nicholeCAD

Steve

Thank you for the response, I appreciate your time.  The "behavior" for my label style is set like yours,orientation reference for object...I did not see an option for left or right? Perhaps I am missing something? I attached a pic of my situation, the geometry points on the right are shown correctly, the geometry points on the left are adjusted for the plan readability; however I would like them to remain on the top of the line and still maintain the plan readability.

Geometry Label.JPG

Message 4 of 7
sboon

OK you want the text above the leader line not the alignment.  Actually you have just run into the reason why I changed our drafting standards for these type of labels.  If I recall correctly the only way to solve this is to have two styles, with different anchor points for the text component.

Anyone else with a better solution?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 7
nicholeCAD
in reply to: sboon

Ugh, okay.  I was hoping that someone wrote an expression for that and wanted to share 🙂

Message 6 of 7
troma

Add a return code and a space to your text in the label editor; this puts all your text on the top line with an invisible line of text underneath.

Then make the attachment point of the text in the centre instead of the bottom.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 7
nicholeCAD
in reply to: troma

Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report