Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Labels - Just can't figure this on out!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
trynders
394 Views, 2 Replies

Alignment Labels - Just can't figure this on out!!!

Okay, I have an alignment and have station labels.  The alignment is labeled with "Major Stations" at every 100 feet.  I need to change the station increment to 25 feet and have labels.  I have done this although station 1+25 is still reading 1, station 1+50 is reading 1, etc.  There is a precision variable somewhere, and I can't figure it out.  I have played with the alignment labels style but no luck.  Is there a global drawing settings somewere that might be controling this?

Any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: trynders

Can you post a screenshot?  I'm not sure what you're saying.  It sounds like you're saying that the labels at 1+25 and 1+50 show 1.  Is that 1+00?  0+01?

What happens at 2+50?

Also -- if you're just trying to change the increments of your stationing (so that major stations are every 100 ft), right-click on the alignment and click on "Edit Labels".

That will bring up a dialog that looks like the attached image.

Change the increments for your major stations (and minor too if desired) as needed then press ok.

C3DAlignmentLabels.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Also...

In case it really is somehow related to the precision of your labels, under that same dialog box pictured above, you'll likely see a line that says "Major Stations" under Type.  Next to that is a style (on mine it's "Parallel with Tick").  Edit that style, goto the Layout tab.  Edit the contents and you'll see a "Precision" setting.  After you've changed it, be sure to click the arrow right icon.  That's what tells the contents update based on the changes you just made.

See the attached......

C3DLabelContentsEditor.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report