Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Labeling Curve RT or LT

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1141 Views, 9 Replies

Alignment Labeling Curve RT or LT

I need to label Delta Angles on an alignment with a Right or Left. This is for P.I. Delta with no Curve and P.I. Delta with Curve. I looked for this everywhere I could think of and searched on-line and have not had any luck. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would also like to do this to add to my delta.  I have Civil 3D 2009.

I thought of going into expressions, but it won't let me put in text with an IF function.

I am trying to create a curve data table.

Message 3 of 10
andrewpuller3811

If you return a value for the text height using an if expression, you can send 2.5 say for text 2.5 high if you want a text component to show and 0.0001 if you don't want to show the text.

I have used this for various expressions in labels, you just have to have a component and matching expression for each possible variation.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 10
Civil3DReminders

Here's an example for C3D 2009. I think the option to have lt or rt is available in later versions of C3D.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

Would you mind posting your example again?

Message 6 of 10
Civil3DReminders

Whoops, looks like I forgot to paste the link: http://style.civil3dreminders.com/checkrightorleft

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Great, thank you! 

Is there an easy way to copy expressions from one file to another?  I tried drag and drop and it doesn't work.  I also just copied the style of RightLeft, but only CheckRight and CheckLeft expressions went over.

Message 8 of 10
Civil3DReminders

I haven't been in the file in a long time, but if an expression didn't come over it's likely I used it temporarily and wasn't used in the style.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Your CheckRight expression, for example, uses the CheckValue expression and the EndDirDouble expressions.  But my CheckRight expression adds a bunch of stuff: 

2f59b6c1221548557fc13894ed7253e0CheckValue

I think since it can't find it.  I can just create new expressions and copy it over then!

Thanks again!

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I set all my expressions up, then realized that I was using Alignment Curve Table Styles, and there are not components in it that I could create for RT and LT.   The only thing I could think of is to use an alignment label with appropriate spacing between the STA, DELTA, RADIUS, etc. and create my own table (box around the labels)...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report