Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Label with Reference Text & Expressions.

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
troma
5357 Views, 20 Replies

Alignment Label with Reference Text & Expressions.

I'm trying to create an alignment label to display profile elevations at regular stations.  Two questions:

1.  I use an expression to set the text height.  When I add a regular text component in the label this works fine, but when I add reference text I can't seem to use the expression as text height.

2. I want to use an expression to 'Truncate' the elevation, so that 178.35m displays as 78.35.  I can't find a way to create an expression to do this (within the Alignment station labels).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
{Daniel}
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

Using Civil 3D 2019 - is there any solution regarding the first question of this post?

Is there a way to use an expression to control the text height of a referenced object (in my surfaces)?

I have a cut & fill grid on the volume surface, between EG and FG, displaying at each node all 3 elevations and I need them to be controlled by the same expression...

For now only the component pointing to the surface hosting the style is able to receive an expression as Text Height.

Any solution or workaround ?

Thanks

Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report