Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Label Anchor Point (Dragged State)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ScotBIM
1625 Views, 8 Replies

Alignment Label Anchor Point (Dragged State)

I am having an issue with the dragged state of a PI label on a curve if the label has been dragged.

When the label is created I have the label as I want it, with a triangle at the PI point with the text next to it, but when I drag it the leader then points at the middle of the curve and not the PI position.

In "Layout" in label Style Composer I have stated that the anchor point is the Intersection Point, and of course it is, but when I drag it the leader does not point there.

I need to use the curve label here, as the table tag also populates a table with all the curve data.

See attached image of label prior to and post drag,
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ScotBIM
in reply to: ScotBIM

... Forgive me replying to my own old, old post - but two years later and two releases later this is still an issue, so deserves a bump, but the problem now is specifically with the start and end of a curve - the dragged leader always points at the middle of the curve and not the start or the end.

Also searching through other posts other users are also suffering because of this in other parts of Civil3D.

>>>> I have now added this to the dark well of the Civil3D Wishes forum...

Message 3 of 9
BrianHailey

It seemed to work just fine for me: 

http://screencast.com/t/5AgYwZZfk

What type of label are you using? I used a "Point of Intersection" label:

http://screencast.com/t/740ckSPq 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 9
ScotBIM
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian, see my second post: the issue now is not with the PI, but the PC and PT.

The label inserts at the correct position, but once dragged the leader points not at the start or end of the curve but the middle.

As this is essential for our delivery, this necessitates our users to laboriously go to to every curve on the alignment and drag the label leader from pointing to the centre of the curve to either the start or the end.

Message 5 of 9
BrianHailey

Still works just fine for me. What method are you using to add the labels?

http://screencast.com/t/9zrxOdoH 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 9
ScotBIM
in reply to: BrianHailey

Pick alignment;

Ribbon: Add Lables > Multiple Segment.

See below - the anchor point on the Label Style Composer states "Start", but the leader is pointing to the middle of the curve.

label.jpg

Message 7 of 9
BrianHailey

Try using the geometry labels instead. Grab the alignment, right click, add/edit labels (or something like that). 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 9
ScotBIM

Brian - thanks, that is a solution that works - makes you wonder though why have Alignement Labels AND Geometry labels doing the same function?

Cheers.

Message 9 of 9
BrianHailey

Because someone would say, "How come I can't add this information to my curve label?" In your case, you weren't labeling the PC and PT, you were labeling the curve and configuring the curve label to add PC information at the PC and PT information at the PT. When you take that into the dragged state, it points to the thing you were labeling - the curve.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report