Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alignment from object

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sacprasanna
238 Views, 2 Replies

alignment from object

Hi,

I have a big probleme.Because when i am creating alignment from object all Z values of it's vertices are became zero.

What should i do?

I think as a result of this my crosssections of that alignment show nothing regrading elevation.

Plase help me?

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gjrcmb
in reply to: sacprasanna

I think you are going to have to be more specific.  It sounds like you are creating a horizontal alignment from objects that have an elevation other than zero.  You can apparently do this with objects that are 2D but not 3D, although I am not sure what the reason would be as typically the elevation of your alignment would be defined through its associated profile.  Perhaps you are creating horizontal alignments from features that are elevated at a constant elevation?  I did test creating a horizontal alignment from a 2D Polyline that has an elevation (non-zero Z value).  I was able to keep the existing object at its original non-zero elevation by unchecking the "Erase existing entities" in the Create Alignment From Objects dialog box.  Civil 3D did create a horizontal alignment but put it at an elevation of zero, while the original polyline remained at the original elevation.  Perhaps I am totally misunderstanding what you are trying to do or what is actually occuring?

Message 3 of 3
ericcollins6932
in reply to: gjrcmb

I believe alignments are 2d elements with no elevations as they are meant to represent "horizontal" alignments and other components such as profiles and assemblies provide the other dimensional information?

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report