Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment color/weight in Viewport Different than Model Space and Style (2013)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Cadguru42
3236 Views, 11 Replies

Alignment color/weight in Viewport Different than Model Space and Style (2013)

I'm having a very annoying problem where the color and lineweight of my alignment in a viewport is not what it's set to be. I have an alignment with a style that sets all the linework components to a layer named C-STRM-CNTR-N, the color is set to BYLAYER, the linetype set to Continuous, and lineweight set to .80mm (see style_and_layer_screenshots.png). The layer C-STRM-CNTR-N has Cyan as the color, which shows in the Alignment Style dialog box (see style_and_layer_screenshots.png). In the model space everything looks fine (see c3d_model_space_screenshot.png). But in my layout, the alignment is a different color and lineweight (see c3d_layout_screenshot.png). 

At first I thought maybe the alignment wasn't on the correct layer, but I checked and it's set correctly. Then I checked to see if the layer C-STRM-CNTR-N had a different color set for the viewport through the layer manager, but it's set to Cyan just like it's supposed to be. I went to the model space and noticed the color is correct. Frustrated and at a loss, I closed C3D, then reopened it and the problem is still there.

Anyone know why I can't change the lineweight nor the color of the alignment in this viewport? If I change either of those two settings in the Alignment Style Dialog box nothing changes, but the linetype does change.  What the heck is going on?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
thpadmin
in reply to: Cadguru42

We are having the same issue with Civil 3D 2012.  The appears to be drawing specific and opening on another workstations does not change the display.

Jon Shipley
Civil 3D 2022
Win 10 Pro, Intel Xeon W-2225
32 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Message 3 of 12
KirkWM

I just ran into this with Civil 3D 2012 on a drawing made in 2010.  I fixed this by making a new alignment style that was exactly the same as before and it worked. Hope this helps!

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 12
Cadguru42

I found the problem. If you use a color that is not on the ACAD pallet the colors will not work correctly. For instance, I had a color that was a true color instead of a standard ACAD color, which causes it not to show up correctly. I changed the color to a non-true color and it worked.

I haven't checked to see if this is fixed in 2014 as I quit using any colors that weren't part of the standard pallet. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 12
ralphwhisler

Not sure if It will help or work for anyone else, but in the alignment style, I created a duplicate alignment style and reassigned the alignment element to the new style. It seems that that didn't cure the problem. Further, within the new alignment style I created, I assigned the colors of each style property from "BYLAYER" to a specific, non-true color (yellow in my instance) and magically, my problem went away. Total time wasted figuring this out: 2 hours.

My $0.02 worth.

Message 6 of 12

Could the layer settings be overriden in the viewport?

Message 7 of 12
Cadguru42
in reply to: ppalley00-clist

@ppalley00-clist wrote:

Could the layer settings be overriden in the viewport?

The issue is having a color that's not one of the ACAD pallet colors. It's a bug. I haven't checked in a while to see if it was ever fixed, though.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 8 of 12
Mark_Castle

I'm using standard index colors and am still experiencing this issue. Is there a reliable workaround?

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 9 of 12
Cadguru42
in reply to: Mark_Castle

@mbcastle wrote:

I'm using standard index colors and am still experiencing this issue. Is there a reliable workaround?

The problem was solved for me using a standard ACAD color. If that is not working for you, I don't know what's going on. I haven't used a non-standard color since then, so I don't know if the bug was ever fixed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 10 of 12
rwv1951

I tried going from a orange color to standard Cyan. No change on viewport. Tried saving, closing the file, reopening, all to no avail. 

Message 11 of 12
jezzell
in reply to: rwv1951

Anyone have a solution other than changing colors, Mine are set to green and in view port they change to white. I as they are ignoring display styles.

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Clevo Laptop
Nvidia Quadro M3000
24 GB DDR3
256GB SSD
Quad core i7-6700k @ 4.0 GHz
Civil 3D 2015 SP3
Civil 3D 2017
Message 12 of 12
ShelbyPringle

I had the same problem which I solved by assigning plot settings to each sheet through the page setup manager. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report